Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Did you start vaping to quit the ciggies / How long have you been off them?

Did you start vaping to quit the ciggies / How long have you been off them?

Apologies if someone has done this before, but I read a post here: Where's the evidence for NRT?
    which got me thinking about those of us that have managed to give up the cigs due to Vaping?

I'd love to know how something like this compares and this forum is a great place to do some very basic research:

Basic questions, please click

**************crap, I'll try that agin!****************8

Yes both the missus and I quit smoking cigarettes the day we started vaping. As to how long check my sig. 100% success rate for us.

we have also got 2 aunties vaping, one full time now. And I will be giving one of guys in my class (tertiary adult education) his kit tomorrow.

All have tried gum, patches, and champix without success.

Personally I smoked for 30 years before vaping.

Vaping works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

Tried nrt (patches) unsuccessfully, tried cold turkey and felt like I was going to die. Was really traumatic!
    Tried vaping and really enjoyed it but it took time to get over the habit of smoking. For about 1.5 months I started smoking during the day and vaping at night, and then Xmas hols 2011/12 quit ciggies altogether, only a few sneaky ciggies in the few months after during brief lapses (maybe 1.5/2 packs of 20) and then I was done.
    Vaping allowed me to reduce my nic dependence to the point that a few months after not touching a single ciggie and only vaping I was actually able to use nrt (lozenges). I now use the lozenges during the day and vape in the evening and all weekend, just got annoying sneaking to vape at work (sneaking because I felt self conscious).
    I started on the 2.4 lozenges when I was mostly using 24mg e-liquid. I'm now using 1.5 lozenges during the day and usually 18mg liquid, may go down from there, may not.
    That is how shit nrt is, I needed to vape for a while to be able to use it!
    Don't know exact date of last ciggie but it has been well over a year, vaping helped me achieve something I had no faith I could do

I cut down the smokes by a pack of 40 a week when I started on the cig a likes, but the day I got my ego kit was the last day I smoked a normal ciggie. That was nearly 3 months ago and I haven't had a puff since and don't even feel like one, so for me yes, vaping made me give up smokes 100%
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Also I had tried everything to give up the smokes with no success, champix, patches, hypnotherapy, cold turkey. I even tried bio science which got me off the cigs for about 4 hours! Vaping is the only thing that worked in 35 years of smoking!

Smoked like a steam train for 25 years tried patches- lasted one week, inhaler lasted 7 weeks. Its been 12 weeks now Vaping. Looks like vaping is a winner for me.

In 12.5 hours I'll be tobacco free for four months. My other attempts to quit had all lasted less than four days, so yup, it definitely has worked for me. I can feel my nicotine addiction just ebbing away and I'm down to vaping mostly at 3mg almost effortlessly. Once I lost that instant hit you get from smoking the addiction lost its hold on me.
    Megan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Was on a pack of Marlboro mids a day or more. Within a week I didn't feel the need to smoke at all. I did compensate by vaping more than I smoked. This then gave me a headache till I found the right Nic strength for my habit. Also had one or 2 frustrating moments because I was on rubbish cigalike batteries that ran out every half hour or were costing me just as much as smoking because of the cargo replacements. But once I found this forum and got on the egos its been smooth sailing.
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express
    Megan and tally-ho like this.

AVF Regular
    Should also note its been about 12 months now also.
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express

I'd been smoking for 42 years and had no intention of quitting. I started using ecigs because they were interesting, and I love gadgets. After reading quite a bit about them on the internet, forums and the like, I decided my best way to try them out. I bought a 510 kit with auto batteries. I also bought a few xl-510 batteries for going out with. I purchased some nic juice, cartomizers and drip tips from China. I bought 5 different styles of menthol/tobacco ejuice from the US.

My nic juice turned up on the day I had one cig left in my pack. I started that day and haven't had a smoke since. It's been 3 years and 1 week.

Could I give up the ecigs - yeah probably. I don't really know. It seems that question is more important to other people than me. Those are the same people who hounded me to give up smoking as well. Some people are never happy. These same people who I really thought would give me support in stopping the smokes were into me about it just changing one form of addiction for another.

As I like to point out to them just prior to telling them to mind their own fcuking business is "What were you most against? The fact that cigarettes were probably killing me, themselves with possible passive smoking, and/or the discomfort of cigarette smoke and smell wafting around me . . . or . . . the fact I had an addiction that they in some way thought reflected badly on them."

Fine - I promise I'll give up my addiction to ecigs the day after they succeed in willingly giving up their addiction to oxygen. Fcuking know it alls.
    GirlyPantz, Megan and gate7 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast