Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By Jessamine
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Olfella
  • 1 Post By Genecigs

Thread: A positive article from economy watch

A positive article from economy watch

I'm finding more and more positive coverage recently, thought I'd share as I find it heartening

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma

AVF Regular
    Sorry.. posted in wrong thread.
    How do I delete ?

Good article BTW - thanks Jessamine.
    Last edited by Greg; 16-06-13 at 05:11 PM.

Excellent article - really tells it like it is without bias.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessamine View Post
    I'm finding more and more positive coverage recently, thought I'd share as I find it heartening

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma
    That was a really good read Jessamine Thanks for posting

AVF Regular
    great article. the part about the tobacco companies fearing they are another Kodak in the face of the digital revolution makes a lot of sense. of course they are going to kick and scream.

Super Moderator
    "In the US, the leading researcher into e-cigarettes, Dr Michael Siegel, of the Boston University School of Public Health, is similarly irked by the FDA’s distrust of e-cigarettes. “The FDA and major anti-smoking groups keep saying that we don’t know anything about what is in e-cigarettes,” Siegel said. “The truth is we know a lot more about what is in electronic cigarettes than regular cigarettes.

"Yet, ever since e-cigarettes came onto the market in the US, the FDA has threatened to ban them in the US and six anti-smoking groups - the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Lung Association, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, American Legacy Foundation, and Action on Smoking and Health - have also called for their removal from the market.

“Taking these products off the market would force thousands of users to return to cigarette smoking,” Siegel said. “Why would the FDA and the anti-smoking groups want to take an action that is going to seriously harm the public’s health? The only ones who would be protected by a ban on e-cigarettes are the tobacco companies, as these new products represent the first real threat to their profits in decades.”

Says it all really , there are a lot more key points in that article
    Really good read !
    Thanks Jess
    margyb and Genecigs like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Thanks for that Jessamine...A damn great read and lets hope some Aussie politicians read it !
    Genecigs likes this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Thanks for sharing Jessamine, this is a brilliant article.

“The chief scientist of WHO Europe, Roberto Bertollini, made a presentation at the EU workshop which was appalling,” Etter said. “It consisted in cherry-picking negative studies that show e-cigarettes are bad, and deliberately omitting studies that suggest that e-cigarettes could be useful in helping people quit smoking. So I confronted him on that and he didn’t like it. He claimed that acute intoxication could be possible in children.”

“If a student had presented such work I would have given him a very bad grade. The WHO, after all, is here to protect the health of the public, so by taking such an approach they are not doing their job. Astonishingly, the most vocal opponents of e-cigarettes are people from the public health community, who perhaps don’t understand what is at stake, and just don’t like the product because it looks too much like a cigarette,” he said.
    I want Professor Etter to have a conversation with a certain individual from the University of Sydney and for it to be filmed and broadcast so the people who want to ban e-cigs can see just how ridiculous the arguments against them are.
    Jessamine likes this.