AVF Regular

Phillip Morris sues Government

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/video.asp...35E3D8&mediaid

Phillip Morris is suing the Austalian Government over intending loony legislation to remove labels on cigarettes.
    Why doesnt Nicola Roxon wake up to herself? (we ask wonderingly) save taxpayers hard earned and just back off-
    Whose wild fantasy predicts plain packets will stop smokers smoking?

AVF Regular
    gert

What can you say. I actually hope that PM do go ahead and sue this damn government and win.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLOZ View Post
    gert

What can you say. I actually hope that PM do go ahead and sue this damn government and win.
    Me too Richard-this is one instance when i think the unlovely unloved tobacco co have every right to sue.

AVF Regular
    Might give Goolia and Rocksoff a bit of a shock and kick in the butt, and would be ohh so good to see

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

Sik
    didnt expect any less really. BT are hardly newbies to the courts
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

The american media seems to be watching this forthcoming battle with some interest.
    I am not sure what grounds the tobacco industry will have, love em or hate em, the gov has more say on what happens than the tobacco peeps.

Remember when formula 1 was different cigarette packets racing around a track, now all gone. Wasn't the removal of that advertising an australian incentive ?

I think BT has no chance personally, its more likely a delay tactic to get a hold on the legislation for a few years while they make another few billion dollars before their profits drop by a small % per year. They still have south africa ..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    The american media seems to be watching this forthcoming battle with some interest.
    I am not sure what grounds the tobacco industry will have, love em or hate em, the gov has more say on what happens than the tobacco peeps.

Remember when formula 1 was different cigarette packets racing around a track, now all gone. Wasn't the removal of that advertising an australian incentive ?

I think BT has no chance personally, its more likely a delay tactic to get a hold on the legislation for a few years while they make another few billion dollars before their profits drop by a small % per year. They still have south africa ..
    It will be an interesting battle. PM will be on some pretty solid grounds seeing as the argument will be about rights to their Brand name..
    I wouldnt be surprised to see the Government lose ground on this one but who knows. If PM loses all they can do is withdraw their product from the Australian market.
    Either way us taxpayers will foot the bill while the legal teams dance to and fro.