Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steam bunny

Thread: A totally wicked message

A totally wicked message

Totally Wicked Sends E-cigarette to each Member of the European Parliament in Fight against TPD

I thought this was a great tactic to try and make legislators and the powers that be see how e cigs have shifted the dynamics of the nicotine landscape. And that they need to see beyond defining them in relationship to either ‘evil tobacco’ or its medical antidote ‘NRT’

Vaping is the third player, it’s different to the other two options. It has changed the game from Good Vs. Evil to something more like goldilocks and the three bears.
    Vapes of Groth likes this.

AVF Regular
    have we forgiven TW yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    have we forgiven TW yet?
    What did they do?

AVF Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Okee, a bit volatile i see.

REgardless of acts of madness, i still see the merits in defining vaping on its own terms
    Last edited by steam bunny; 21-06-13 at 01:44 PM.

I wonder what it was they sent

Anyway, I think this is great, whatever they've done before; I've always thought that with vaping, an ounce of equipment is worth a pound of information!

Yes, it's the experience of vaping that gelled it for me, not the concept.

Anyhoo, i think this gesture has prompted me to start teasing out my thoughts on the subject. From a non-smoker/non-vaper/fun police perspective the frame of reference is either tobacco or NRT, but vaping does not quite fit in either of those square pegs. I may be stating the obvious here, but just trying to find ways to articulate it.

I might say that success is won by three things:

first, effort; second, more effort; third, still more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by steam bunny View Post
    Yes, it's the experience of vaping that gelled it for me, not the concept.

Anyhoo, i think this gesture has prompted me to start teasing out my thoughts on the subject. From a non-smoker/non-vaper/fun police perspective the frame of reference is either tobacco or NRT, but vaping does not quite fit in either of those square pegs. I may be stating the obvious here, but just trying to find ways to articulate it.
    I have a suspicion that vaping being separate from both tobacco and NRT is a big part of what is holding the general public back from recognising it more.

When people think about quitting smoking, they are conditioned to look at it as a battle, something that must be suffered through, like using patches or gum to ease the suffering of withdrawals. Vaping, on the other hand, produces the same effect or better while actually being fun. Clearly, that is the big factor in why vaping is so successful as a cessation aid, but it flies in the face the socially-accepted thinking.