Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: ABC News wants to talk to users of electronic cigarettes

ABC News wants to talk to users of electronic cigarettes

Just saw this tweet. Thought I'd share for anyone interested in sharing their opinion. https://twitter.com/CullenPablo/stat...52572754804736

Cheers
    James
    margyb, essiemessy and Genecigs like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, but if you choose to engage with the media, please make sure you are well versed in the available research, and are prepared with clear concise rebuttals for the typical (often leading) questions.

Some basic resources (I'm sure others can contribute):

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/
    CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association (particularly the Facts & Science section)
    IVAQS Project
    E-cigarette research, studies and papers
    Last edited by luntingsir; 24-06-13 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Accidentally a word
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    yep. they're all out to get us...

but yeah. it is good o read up on the latest, regardless of if you're talking to those bastard journos...

I replied to his tweet, will be interesting to see what he wants to know. He replied to me so I'm expecting to find out his motive soon enough.

Good set of links there and I think the only one I haven't read before is the IVAQS stuff which I'm reading now. Apart from the political and medical aspects, I can definitely give an opinion based on my own experience with e-cigs (i managed to giveaway the durries easily).

Anyway, I can't say much until I hear from the bloke.
    tattoos and alegria like this.

AVF Regular
    I also replied to his tweet, then received an email requesting to call him. I have spoken to Paul on the phone who came across as knowing very little about vaping, eg what they even looked like. I explained briefly what they looked like both the cigalike and mods. I have refered him to look at Aussie vapers and ECF sites and the internet generally.

He asked about the health benefits I had experienced, and did I think they should be regulated. I replied to him about the numerous health benefits my wife and I have gotten from switching to vaping and declined to comment on regulation as this was not for me to decide. I informed him vaping has been the only thing that has gotten my wife and I off the cigs and that we were both heavy smokers and are now smoke free for over 4 months or so. Paul mentioned the NZ study being undertaken which I told him I was aware of.

My personal thoughts on regulation is that minors should not be allowed to purchase ecigs just like tobacco cannot be purchased by a minor, however I am the first to recognise there are much bigger players than myself who will get involved in this debate, I just wanted to make my own passionate effort about the benefits my wife and I have from vaping, I am very grateful that I no longer smoke and can vape instead.

AVF Regular
    I have no idea how twitter works, any time I try to look at someone's twitter page I get overwhelmed by all the crap on it and can't even find whatever it is the person is saying. The link in the OP makes no sense to me.

If I wanted to talk to him how would I contact him?

We should set a few people to send lol.

Soundasleep
    Smash
    Bugzme
    Jato
    Etc

Anyway, I can't say much until I hear from the bloke.
    What state is he in? Invite to the vape meet Singo!

I'll talk to him - tried to figure out twitter too but I am to silly to figure it out too I think. Each time I respond my message is gone when I hit "refresh"

If you guys need someone else to talk to him just tell him to message me on here.

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    We should set a few people to send lol.

Soundasleep
    Smash
    Bugzme
    Jato
    Etc
    Something like Australia's Next Top Vaper competition?
    alegria and vreidisgod like this.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast