Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keyboardmama

Thread: BigT thought of e-cigs quite some time ago!

BigT thought of e-cigs quite some time ago!

I just came across this in my meanderings.

Catalyst: In Search of a Safe Cigarette - ABC TV Science

A transcript from the show Catalyst on ABC back in 2002 concerning BigT making a safer cigarette - and they ended up with one that was run with a battery. Sound familiar?

It's interesting how the development of e-cigs came to be. And how BigT looked at keeping a product in the market at all costs.

No wonder people remain cautious at best with them buying into the existing ecig market as it stands now.

Another link about the history of BigT creating "safer" cigarettes. NOVA | "Safer" Cigarettes: A History

The top quote from that link"
    Although the cigarette industry has spent much of the past 50 years denying a link between smoking and disease, the industry has also dedicated a significant amount of time and money to develop a "safe" cigarette. A safe cigarette that can both satisfy smokers' demands for taste and nicotine delivery and placate public health concerns is the Holy Grail of the tobacco industry. The company that comes up with it first likely could dominate the entire industry by selling the newfangled smoke at a significant premium and grabbing market share from its competitors.

I just love reading about the way the first Kent cigs to be safer were created with filter papers made of asbestos, and let's not forget the palladium they used as well.

All very interesting.
    margyb likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    makes me shudder!!