Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kay67kay
  • 3 Post By Robray

Thread: Stop smoking, get more patients

Stop smoking, get more patients

Stop smoking or face risk of losing patients! | Business Standard

Not directly related to e-cigarettes, but I found this an interesting read ... could have implications for doctors vaping or recommending vaping in the future (I've heard a few GPs do recommend it but not many).

Would you rather have a doctor who lead by example or one who was like "Your body, your choice, here's my bill"?
    Last edited by Genecigs; 04-05-19 at 06:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    doctors are human, too. I wouldn't judge one for smoking. we all know it's bad for us. I don't think a doc smoking is gonna make anyone think it's any less dangerous.
    Genecigs likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Many years ago back in the Mother country I suffered from Asthma very badly. The treatment then was a little yellow pill. Dont ask, I dont know!! Our family doctor changed, and the new guy was an old Irishman. Went to get my prescription renewed. He was sat behind his desk, and the air was blue with tobacco smoke. Nice old guy who had plenty of time for his patients. A packet of Senior service on his desk.

He had my file on his desk, and one of the first questions he asked was did I smoke. At the time I didn't and told him so. He said that smoking was good for Asthma!!!!

Not knowing any better I asked why. He mumbled something about Carbon Dioxide, and calming the nerves. Long story, but anyway I started smoking. Not difficult as both my parents smoked, and easy to swipe a few. Since that day I have never suffered from Asthma.

Both my kids suffer from asthma?? Anyway the old guy died three years later of big C.

Now, many years later, to a degree I understand his logic. Both my kids were enrolled in the Buteyko scheme, and the corner stone of the method is to regulate the breathing to increase the level of carbon dioxide in the body. Much the same as breathing into a paper bag. My daughter to this day regulates her breathing with this method, and very rarely needs her medication. The son gave it away as to difficult, and buys party packs of Ventolin. Not good!!!

Just thought I would share that???
    gregds, margyb and Genecigs like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Now, many years later, to a degree I understand his logic. Both my kids were enrolled in the Buteyko scheme, and the corner stone of the method is to regulate the breathing to increase the level of carbon dioxide in the body. Much the same as breathing into a paper bag. My daughter to this day regulates her breathing with this method, and very rarely needs her medication. The son gave it away as to difficult, and buys party packs of Ventolin. Not good!!!

Just thought I would share that???
    Interesting! I'll research this, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Genecigs; 04-05-19 at 06:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    The only times ive had really bad asthma attacks in my adult life was when i tried to give up smoking (i spent a week in hospital after one such attack) i caved sand bought a packet of smokes while my peak flow etc did not improve with the smokes along with all the other meds prednizone etc i came good and could breath.

Since i took up vaping as uposed to smoking my asthma has flared up unless ive been sick and then only mildly a few puffs of ventolin and im right as rain.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing