Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Guns And Roses Guitarist's Unfortunate Ecig Experience.

Guns 'N Roses Guitarist's Unfortunate Ecig Experience.

Guns 'N Roses guitarist Daren Jay "DJ" Ashba seems to have had a rather unpleasant experience as a result of buying poor quality ecigs.

He had given up the stinkies for a bit, then a fan enquired why he was smoking again.

According to a post on his Instagram account, he picked up a pack of ecigs at a mall in Poland and the ecigs had a nicotine level that was off the charts (so to speak) and some other nasties. The episode was quite serious; it put him in hospital and the doctors advised him to return to using stinkies again (?!)

.@djashba

Preachin' to the choir here, but just for the new folks; while cases like this are isolated, it's just an example of the importance of acquiring your gear through trusted vendors.
    Last edited by icarus; 28-06-13 at 07:15 PM.
    tally-ho and Genecigs like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by djashba
    I did quit cigs for 9 months. however I was smoking fake cigarettes that I bought in a mall in Poland which contained high doses of nicotine and antifreeze which kills people. Nobody knows this but I was rushed to the hospital put on heart monitors and I had eight of the best doctors trying to save my life. Poison control confirmed that the nicotine intake that was going into my body from the fake cigarettes was equivalent to smoking 33 packs of cigarettes a day. After doing a full body CAT scan the doctors were amazed that every organ in my body was in perfect condition. They advised me to start smoking real cigarettes because my body would go into shock if I just stop smoking so now I can wean myself off of real cigarettes and hopefully quit for good this time. We purposely kept this out of the press but that is the real story of why I am smoking right now.
    Smells like bullshit to me
    mavinry4 and supersports600 like this.

I think there may be a bit of exaggeration involved. Either that or the doctors are nongs.

33 packs a day for 9 months? Yer right . . . just a tad nic sick after the first day ya reckon?

I think he was just referring to that specific incident second_chance - and the numbers he's quoting seem way too high to me. I'm not saying there wasn't an incident, just seems to have been amped up (and not necessarily by him).
    Last edited by icarus; 28-06-13 at 07:42 PM.

what a wuss... Slash would've laughed down his sorry arse..

Haha, I was going to make a Slash related comment; but thought nah.

I'm still grieving for the G'NFR of old. The Spaghetti Incident followed by the appearance of Buckethead was just too much for me.
    cruzmiguel likes this.

Just a thought - if he was used to smoking really low nicotine cigarettes - the docs may have used that as a comparison.

Low nic smoker + over-strength cigalikes could do some nasty things; but you'd think the throat hit would have knocked him about a bit very early on if it was that strong; or at least served as a warning something wasn't right. Some of the other info he posted is still rather curious. Anyway, not enough info to arrive at any solid conclusion.

Super Moderator
    Well heres the thing hey ?
    I would say a good percentage of us have actually HAD a Nic OD , in the getting to know you stage of vaping , you know , the slight nausea , the low level headache etc .
    Now THAT comes on probably when you have exposed yourself to maybe twice your normal nicotine intake ?
    Even when you were back on the dhurries and had that famous Sat night when you downed a whole pack in like 8 hours , and yer head hurt and yer throat ached , and you woke up feeling like crap , not just cos of the booze ?
    Now this particular clown would like us to believe that IN HIS SYSTEM , when tested , there was the EQUIVALENT of 33 packs worth of cigarette sourced nicotine in his body ??
    Lets not forget that our body rids itself of nicotine constantly , so effectively that about 40 mins after a cigarette sized dose, you are ready for another one .

33 Packs is 660 cigarettes folks .. thats 3 and a HALF CARTONS

I would absolutely challenge ANYONE to ingest ONE TENTH that dosage of nicotine and not be spewing their guts out or reeling from the deepest darkest head explosion they ever experienced .... you reckon in your smoking days you could have choofed down 60 cigarettes in that 40 mins without feeling at some point before that last one it wasn't good for you ?

Nicotine is a self limiting drug , and unless you are silly enough to vape nic at HUGE concentrations , your body is gonna say NO , long before you inhale enough to hospitalise you ( unless its pure nic you are inhaling)
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Oh .... in addition to above I forgot to add one little thing ....

WANKER !!!

I feel better now
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast