Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: How Philip Morris Plans to Screw Vapers

How Philip Morris Plans to Screw Vapers

It took me a while to follow this particular trail of breadcrumbs… but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it’s the fact that there is always a trail of breadcrumbs. In an official report filed this month (June, 2013) by Altria Group Inc. to the Securities and Exchange Commission, the corporation announced it’s recommendation to the FDA that the agency (among other questionable things) include in their regulation of E-cigarettes (or MRTP- Modified Risk Tobacco Products) guidelines to “Good Manufacturing Practices that enable consistent product performance and reduce variability.” Remember the terms in bold print… these are the terms that will attempt to bury the smaller, healthier e-cigarette companies.

It has already become apparent that Big Tobacco companies are referring to e-cigarettes as tobacco products, which is inherently false. Nicotine is derived from tobacco, true, but it is no more tobacco than Premarin is horse piss. Nicotine does not maintain the qualities, traits and characteristics of tobacco after it is isolated. Why does this matter? Because Altria’s Nu Mark MarkTen E-cigarettes will turn a higher profit if E-liquid is regulated as a tobacco product, by which Altria is already prepared to abide. And abiding by the FDA’s tobacco regulations is something that only the wealthiest corporations can afford to successfully finance.

Read the rest of the article here.

Big Tobacco wants to monopolize the nicotine ejuice market via legislation, and if/when they do, their ejuice will contain a whole bunch of additives to make the nicotine absorb faster into the blood stream from the lungs, and hence be more addictive.

Read this to see what Big Tobacco will probably do with their ejuices.

And the Governments want to hand the entire industry over to them. Good going you politician fucktards.
    ckane, Robray, margyb and 8 others like this.

What a bunch of pricks.

Time to establish a decent underground network of sales on the TOR network. Similar to Silk Road but for nic. We can beat them. Unfortunately it will drive the prices higher.

Then all we have to worry about is trained nicotine sniffer dogs at the mail centres.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I highly doubt BIG TOBACCO can influence nic juice coming out of China.
    As long as China is the main vape product producing country, thos of us that are already vaping will be able to get our hands on the gear we want, just we may have to hope customs lets packages through...
    mavinry4, Juzm and cirrus76 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    And with the problems HC has been having I am seriously starting to wonder if china is going to be as easy as we thought
    I am starting to really think BT is gaining control after all they are the ones with money to throw around and buy what they want

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    And with the problems HC has been having I am seriously starting to wonder if china is going to be as easy as we thought
    I am starting to really think BT is gaining control after all they are the ones with money to throw around and buy what they want
    China is not going to give up a multi-million $ industry, just because some idiot yank in the FDA makes a ruling, nor because BT wants to take control.
    EMS is still shipping batts & juice for HC, EMS is China's answer to DHL & it's owned by Chinese interest.
    X-BoNeS-X likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Unfortunately the dicks vapers are stepping on are hanging out of the trousers connected to the deepest pockets containing the largest wallets that belong to the taxes of evil; big tobacco, big pharma and the government coffers. Or should that be coughers....?

I think by will get their way and eventually control everything.
    Then it will be time for us to go underground, but we need to have a plan for this and start something now, we won't be able to fight them, we'll just have to use alternates..

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    I think by will get their way and eventually control everything.
    Then it will be time for us to go underground, but we need to have a plan for this and start something now, we won't be able to fight them, we'll just have to use alternates..
    So what's wrong with this system? We don't trust China Tobacco? I'm more inclined to trust them more than Phillip Morris, that's for sure.

Juzm likes this.

By the way, Ive been meaning to ask... whose the tobacco growers in Victoria shown in that world map?

AVF Regular
    The proposal from Altria Group Inc. will get a fantastic beat up in the media simply because Rupert Murdoch is/was on the board of directors.... So the media is biased against e-cigs from the get go. One hand washes the other, the government wants to keep all it's grub money and big tobacco want to own e-cigs exclusively, so running all the negative stories for the ANTZ serves BT'S interests. BT can swoop in once the so called "inferior unapproved e-cigs" are removed and save the day with their toxic over priced approved rubbish.

Logic dictates that no board member will actively promote a product that they want exclusive rights to until they secure those rights.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 30-06-13 at 08:59 AM.
    mavinry4, Olfella, Juzm and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast