Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mavinry4
  • 3 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By mavinry4

Thread: What makes Vapers Tick : Apparently Fear

What makes Vapers Tick : Apparently Fear

Steve K of Steve Ks Vaping World wrote a brilliant piece about what drives Vapers to be so political.

What is going on with e-cigarettes that it turns normal folks: college students, housewives, executives, mechanics and so on into such tenacious defenders of individual rights?

Fear.

Yes, these people are genuinely afraid. They are afraid of the consequences of electronic cigarettes being removed from the market or regulated to the point of uselessness.

Its not like were talking about a nutty conspiracy theory here. Plenty of places have already taken that step. France recently announced it will ban e-cigarettes in public areas. Russia is planning a complete ban, much like several third-world states that have bought into the myths of e-cigarettes. Many of which, interestingly, are nations with terrible smoking rates.

....And the fear of a death sentence is the common thread that keeps the community together. Its the reason this community is so active. The stakes are simply too high to treat with the level of apathy typical of the American public.

Read the full article here.

Personally, I would have also added the motivation to see a more Fairer and Just world. I post on various major websites that host online communities that deal with all kinds of injustices, and many of those injustices don't even affect me. Kind of feels like this sometimes ;

essiemessy, fifthflo and MrGruffy like this.

AVF Regular
    Australis, mavinry4 and Jessamine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Yes, see this post : Electronic Cigarette Opponent Fails to Discredit New E-Cigarette Clinical

EDIT: oh, wait, there's been more comments , thanks for that
    Jessamine likes this.

retracted. Best to read the actual pages in TugBoat's link. The Real doctors put it much more better than I could. I just confuse the issue.

Scroll to the bottom of TugBoat's link and read the currently last comment. Professor Micheal Siegel really hammers Glantz's critique of the study.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 29-06-13 at 10:20 PM.

AVF Regular
    all good........