Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Playboy Getting Into Ecigs

Playboy Getting Into Ecigs

LOS ANGELES, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Playboy Enterprises, Inc. announced today that it will be launching a premium collection of Playboy-branded electronic vapor products in the fall of 2013. The Playboy Premium Vapor Collection includes disposable and rechargeable electronic cigarettes and hookahs in a variety of unique flavors designed to appeal to consumers who embrace the indulgent Playboy lifestyle.

Playboy's line of vapor products, offered via license through United Convenience Supply, LLC, will be the first to be backed by an established brand with global consumer appeal, offering a unique and attractive presence on store shelves. The vapor category is seeing explosive growth as consumers embrace the freedom and ease of enjoying electronic cigarettes in any setting. Vapor products are projected to generate $2 billion dollars in retail sales this year and the industry is expected to exceed $10 billion in annual sales by 2017, according to Wells Fargo Securities.

Playboy's electronic cigarette line will include a premium quality disposable cigarette available in a variety of flavors with and without nicotine, and a rechargeable kit that will contain a cigarette device, two cartridges, and a USB charger as well as a rechargeable, refillable premium vapor device. The collection will also include a series of flavored hookahs. The full line can be viewed at Playboy Premium Electronic Cigarettes |.

Playboy is looking forward to teaming up with retailers and wholesalers to bring its modern collection to consumers that are looking for the appeal of a convenient and stylish electronic cigarette experience.
    Here's the range - it includes an Ego/clearo device:

Products | Playboy Premium Electronic Cigarettes
    margyb, jen and Juzm like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    This certainly looks promising. The fact they are going for refillable, and will be selling liquid is a step in the right direction. One can assume they have done their homework?? Wonder what the FDA will have to say about this??
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

On their FAQ page, the question of safety is posed. While they don't make the outright claim of it being a safe product; they say:

"Playboy Premium E-Cigarette contains only water, propylene glycol, nicotine, and a scent that imitates tobacco flavor. Playboy Premium E-Cigarette has been tested and the cartridges have been toxicologically tested."

I'd love to see the detailed results of that testing. The way the answer is published, it would be reasonable to assume the average consumer would interpret that as "safe" - and one of the tests in "truth in advertising" type investigations is the perception of the average consumer.

There aren't any disclaimers of any kind on the site - so yeh, interesting times ahead.

... interesting that it appears to be 100% PG, no VG in their eliquids.
    margyb likes this.

Banned (Never to return)
    how did you find this Icarus???

Nudge Nudge wink wink
    margyb and icarus like this.

Haha - nah, not on Playboy's mailing list - Mashable were covering ecigs and mentioned it. The Mashable article wasn't much chop (contained some misleading stuff), so I didn't bother linking to it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it .

Actually, I should probably link to the Mashable article so you can see what I mean:

http://mashable.com/2013/06/29/e-cigarette/

.. if I get time later today, I'll add a comment to it re: their rather inaccurate/incomplete reporting (re those studies mentioned).

AVF Regular
    good to see a large company that isn't big tobacco or big pharma getting involved. the more involvement that has nothing to do with either means it'll be harder for them to take total control.
    vaping_gal likes this.

Good to see a Big Name logo take on the tobacco giants.

I seen this on GrimmGreens website. GrimmGreenIndustries - SEXY PLAYBOY VAPE GEAR? First let me say that in... I must say I agree with his take on it. I am all for introducing 'n00bs' but at least give them some decent hardware to get going!!

EDIT : Righto, so I just looked at the product range and they do have some ego/clearo set ups,... :/
    Last edited by llamabreath; 30-06-13 at 05:18 PM.

AVF Regular
    what they call hookahs are basically egos and stardusts from the looks of it

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    lol just saw this on another forum, and was wondering if it had been posted here, good to see them selling some egos and not just ciggalikes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast