Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Yet another reason Champix is better for you than vaping! (SARCASM)

AVF Regular

Angry Yet another reason Champix is better for you than vaping! (SARCASM)

Here's yet more evidence why gummint-approved, big pharma produced solutions are better for you that nasty old vaping!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

AVF Regular
    Professor Garry Jennings said despite the possible health risks associated with the medication, the dangers of smoking far outweighed the risks of taking varenicline.
    Yet the ban vaping due to unknown health risks. FFS!
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLOZ View Post
    Yet the ban vaping due to unknown health risks. FFS!
    Its not because of the unknown health risks. Its because of the unknown amount of money going into the "association" or "medical professionals" pockets
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    Yeah WE know that to be fact, but the "general public" is pretty easy to fool with sensationalism.
    Mushman and bugzme like this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

Sik
    I listen to old man abc radio on the commute every day.

Last night some lady rom the cancer council was on. Basically they were discussing the fact that some women were having a thermal imaging scan of the breast done, as like an early detection / preventative health measure. The lady from the cancer council banged on for about 20 minutes about how "there was no scientific evidence" that the thermal imaging worked as a detection measure and women should have mammograms.

It struck me as the same sort of message people are being given about e-cigs. ITS NOT APPROVED IT CAN'T BE GOOD

Now i get the fact that its not been proven as to its efficacy and that its a newer technology, apparently some of the businesses offering these scans were marketing them "aggressively". So i kinda get the point she was getting across. But whats wrong with saying, this stuff is unproven so we just dont know, there is no harm in having one done, but we dont know if its actually gonna prove anything yet.... Rather than outright stating it was ineffectual.

Its not like the mammogram burst into existence with a pre approved, this thing is fucking ace sticker.

I think alot of the "public health" groups in this country have forgotten the principles on which they were founded and are supposed to operate. i.e promote public health messages and think outside the box in terms of new products and treatments for their respective areas. None of them seem interested in any sort of creative thinking beyond reciting a mantra from a drug company or publishing antiquated approved product lines from an out of touch "public service".

After communication (or lack thereof) with a lot of them, in my opinion they have no interest in public health. Only in pushing whatever agenda they are funded too.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I listen to old man abc radio on the commute every day.

Last night some lady rom the cancer council was on. Basically they were discussing the fact that some women were having a thermal imaging scan of the breast done, as like an early detection / preventative health measure. The lady from the cancer council banged on for about 20 minutes about how "there was no scientific evidence" that the thermal imaging worked as a detection measure and women should have mammograms.

It struck me as the same sort of message people are being given about e-cigs. ITS NOT APPROVED IT CAN'T BE GOOD

Now i get the fact that its not been proven as to its efficacy and that its a newer technology, apparently some of the businesses offering these scans were marketing them "aggressively". So i kinda get the point she was getting across. But whats wrong with saying, this stuff is unproven so we just dont know, there is no harm in having one done, but we dont know if its actually gonna prove anything yet.... Rather than outright stating it was ineffectual.

Its not like the mammogram burst into existence with a pre approved, this thing is fucking ace sticker.

I think alot of the "public health" groups in this country have forgotten the principles on which they were founded and are supposed to operate. i.e promote public health messages and think outside the box in terms of new products and treatments for their respective areas. None of them seem interested in any sort of creative thinking beyond reciting a mantra from a drug company or publishing antiquated approved product lines from an out of touch "public service".

After communication (or lack thereof) with a lot of them, in my opinion they have no interest in public health. Only in pushing whatever agenda they are funded too.

Damm right Sik.
    Can these people do anything but sit about making applications for grants and making pie charts?
    How many really good promising developments in health have they effectively buried I wonder........

(Interesting quote from Dr Singh)

"But Dr Singh says the Australian drug regulators cannot be confident about the safety of Champix.

"This drug was brought on under the rubric of that this was a new class of drugs that will not have any safety problems and now we know that it has some of the most amount of safety problems of any drug on the market," he said

The so called Health authorities have no shame-none!

Right there with you too Sik .Its a absolute disgrace .

Last week after over 20 years of 20 a day I realised I no longer enjoyed smoking . Went to the Dr. and asked about Champix but he said only as a last resort given that it has been linked to severe depression in some patients.
    Have been using 7 or 8 pieces of 4mg Nicorette gum daily for a week and I'm amazed how easy ( relatively speaking ) it has been. Recommend Champix to all!
    Last edited by marlena; 29-11-11 at 02:02 AM.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marlena View Post
    Last week after over 20 years of 20 a day I realised I no longer enjoyed smoking . Went to the Dr. and asked about Champix but he said only as a last resort given that it has been linked to severe depression in some patients.
    Have been using 7 or 8 pieces of 4mg Nicorette gum daily for a week and I'm amazed how easy ( relatively speaking ) it has been.
    Glad to hear the the NRT gum is working for you! You'll be smoke free in no time at all.

Unfortunately for many of us here it didn't work (myself included) but vaping did. Who cares as, long as you're not smoking anymore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by marlena View Post
    Have been using 7 or 8 pieces of 4mg Nicorette gum daily for a week and I'm amazed how easy ( relatively speaking ) it has been.
    Keep up the good work marlena.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast