Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Why are Canadians so different to Australians

Why are Canadians so different to Australians

Something that has been troubling me for a few days:

Canada is in a similar situation to Australia, if not worse because imports are being seized by Health Canada/Customs.

BUT vendors openly or covertly sell nicotine from Canada and have a trade association. In Australia no vendors sell e-liquid from Australia and, unless I've missed something, have no trade association.

Why do you think we are behaving so differently? For those who know, what would be the penalty if a vendor sold nicotine containing e-liquid within Australia?
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've heard 8 grand being bandied around, which I thought was the penalty for selling nic in aus? we aussie seem to be rather a laid back mob, some might even say apathetic. some nationalities will protest and demonstrate and get all het up about things, but we just seem to sit and grumble a lot and do nothing. maybe that's the difference?
    Jessamine likes this.

AVF Regular
    Moose for one thing.
    Our coppers generally don't dress like the day-after-mardi-gras
    It's warmer here

Oh, and we have more rules per person than anywhere this side of N Korea, and Nicotine is a schedule 9? poison that has a BUNCH or rules around it.
    Crisscross and JenJ like this.

I believe it's schedule 7 - which would be appropriate for pure nicotine as a pesticide definitely - which lumps it in with arsenic and other extremely dangerous poisons, not an accurate schedule for what I'm holding in my hand; 12mg nicotine e-liquid which would maybe make me vomit and have an awful headache if accidentally swigged a bit (but why on earth would I do that!?)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessamine View Post
    Something that has been troubling me for a few days:

Canada is in a similar situation to Australia, if not worse because imports are being seized by Health Canada/Customs.

BUT vendors openly or covertly sell nicotine from Canada and have a trade association. In Australia no vendors sell e-liquid from Australia and, unless I've missed something, have no trade association.

Why do you think we are behaving so differently? For those who know, what would be the penalty if a vendor sold nicotine containing e-liquid within Australia?

Consider the neighbors,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessamine View Post
    I believe it's schedule 7 - which would be appropriate for pure nicotine as a pesticide definitely - which lumps it in with arsenic and other extremely dangerous poisons, not an accurate schedule for what I'm holding in my hand; 12mg nicotine e-liquid which would maybe make me vomit and have an awful headache if accidentally swigged a bit (but why on earth would I do that!?)
    7, yes schedule 7. No idea what I was thinking. My favourites are further up the list.
    You'd really have to drink it quickly and try very hard to keep it down to hurt.
    It'd be far more unfair if we didn't have some nic 25l in the freezer and a few hundreds of flavours to mix it with.

Panadol overdose is FAR more likely than nic od.

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Consider the neighbors,
    I was thinking that was part of it.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    We don't have whale eating Eskimos in Oz, that may be part of it...
    Stomp and Jessamine like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I'm Canadian/Australian and my brother has a ecig business in Canada, Its legal to sell with nic in Canada, but its illegal to import it. basically local nic only. Its also legal to have up to 8 grams of weed on you, and its legal for women to go topless and walk down the street, which they do this time of the year.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    so, the question should be, why aren't we all in canada right now?

nic, weed, and tits...and my few days in toronto gave me the feeling it had the same kind of vibe as melbourne.
    vreidisgod and Jessamine like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast