Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By MrGruffy
  • 1 Post By tugboatofdeath

Thread: Chris Davies MEP and Totally Wicked

Chris Davies MEP and Totally Wicked

This video is more abou Chris Davies in my opinion. If you're not familiar with Chris Davies, he's the MEP who gave the passionate talk at the EU meeting on e-cigarettes. His rationality on the subject of ecigs, if applied to other areas of society, would make this world a better place.

Correction : As Fatman posted the other day, the Brother of the Totally Wicked CEO shown in this video was asked to resign from Totally Wicked very recently. This was because he had made comments about Linda McAvan, the lead Rapporteur of the EU ENVI committee, and Jeremy Mean of the MHRA who wants to regulate ecigs as medicines.

"Mr Cropper has on a number of occasions made direct contact with both Ms Linda McAvan MEP, lead Rapporteur of the EU ENVI committee and Mr Jeremy Mean of the MHRA. In these communications, Mr Cropper has called in to question the legitimacy and motivations of both these two individually and the organisations that they represent...........Mr Cropper has been unwilling to retract these comments and has agreed amicably that in order to protect the business, its customers and staff during a time of impending regulations and legal process, that he should resign his position as CEO. The Board was left with no option but to agree to his resignation."

LOL...It wasn't so much that he accused them of corruption, but the fact that he refused to retract the statements. I think he should have taken back what he said about Linda McAven, but can you really blame him for what he claims against the MHRA?

Edit : edited with Fatman's correction, see below.

I was wondering why Fraser Cropper's personality in this video was nothing like what I imagined him to be. Fraser Cropper appears to be a very intelligent businessman who knows what he is doing.

Sorry for the mix up.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 03-07-13 at 02:33 PM.
    margyb, lozza 82, pgscott and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Just a correction Mav , the guy in the video is FRASER CROPPER ..he wasnt asked to resign from the company , His Brother JASON , the founder of Totally Wicked is the guy with the loud mouth and stubborn crazy gene lol ... Fraser is the businessman of the enterprise , who ran it in conjunction with Jason before Jason's latest meltdown
    mavinry4 likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Use the new age apology,
    "I sincerely and deeply apologise if [insert name of aggrieved person] has taken offense at my statements"
    "On further thought and taking advice from my counsellors and people I respect, I was wrong to say [insert name again] was morally bankrupt, corrupt and self serving, [insert name yet again] clearly has a position with [insert name of evil organisation] and is acting to the best of her/his abilities in support of that organisations goals"

Nothing like a heartfelt apology to wipe [insert name of person] muck of your shoes, while looking serous and contrite. A bit like sticking a long blade up and under the short ribs, metaphorically speaking, all the while claiming the moral high ground.
    Ahhh, this was better than a rant, excuse the off topicness, I'm back to the other screen/work now.
    gtadmin and mavinry4 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    As much as I dislike the infomercial feel of that video, to me it's a big Ad for TW, I think it may have some impact on the non-smoking public, in terms of creating awareness.

I certainly won't be buying any over-priced TW products but I can see smokers who are unaware of the re-branded eGo's etc buying from TW after seeing this video.

Smart marketing by TW, in the guise of informtion/education.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    As much as I dislike the infomercial feel of that video, to me it's a big Ad for TW, I think it may have some impact on the non-smoking public, in terms of creating awareness.

I certainly won't be buying any over-priced TW products but I can see smokers who are unaware of the re-branded eGo's etc buying from TW after seeing this video.

Smart marketing by TW, in the guise of informtion/education.
    They are a bit pricey. Ego Twists go for about $30 AUD. It's understandable given the amount of employees that have on their payroll. But it's very competitive. Costs add up, and people eventually catch on with other store's prices.

AVF Regular
    I'd happily pay a bit extra for hardware and nic juice if they were available locally.
    mavinry4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    I'd happily pay a bit extra for hardware and nic juice if they were available locally.
    very true.

Great video mavinry4,thanks for that
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...