Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2000 Black Balloons to be Popped outside Brussels

2000 Black Balloons to be Popped outside Brussels

Best of luck to the European Vapers.

vapingpoint: Brussels and Burst! Best Luck and thanks.

You'll be able to watch the vote live here (July 10th 11PM Australian East Coast Time) :

Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
    Noe, margyb, essiemessy and 3 others like this.

Christopher Snowdon ‏@cjsnowdon
    Ban on snus maintained. With most extreme action being taken in every vote, it's not looking good for e-cigarette amendment. #tobacco

I'm having an impossible time following the committee so also watching Twitter. Rebecca Taylor MEP has said the e-cigs vote will be very tight.

Christopher Snowdon ‏@cjsnowdon 2m
    E-cigarette amendment rejected. Well done to MEPs who took principled stand. Shame on those who didn't. To be continued. #tobacco

Rory Morrison ‏@rorymorr 2m
    Compromise amendment 57 on #ecig (medicines regulation) approved by #ENVI #swof #euecigban #bbj

I can hear David Dorn sobbing in his beer from over here
    margyb and tugboatofdeath like this.

AVF Regular
    Sorry Jess, but what was the amendment about? I heard something about making E-cigs the same as patches and such in Europe...

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Basically if medicines regulation is applied then e-cigs have to go through the same process as all other medicines. Basically none of the good vendors can afford that, only big tobacco and big pharma can and they will only produce cigalikes with tobacco flavour. They were talking about allowing up to 4mg as a recreational product but anything more would have to be a medicine. I'm looking for the exact text of the amendment now but it's hiding from me.
    TheDishD likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh ok thank you, sounds terrible! No wonder they are trying to not let it pass
    Jessamine likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Stay tuned, this is not over. Read this : Counsel Opinion Confirms No Justification for Changes to E-Cig Regulation | ECITA Blog

Btw, this is the series of tweets by the World health Organisation just hours before the vote. Edited by Anon.

A lot of the vapers I've been talking to are simply going to give up on Parlimentary proceedings, and calling this a defeat all up. Parliaments as a collective are too influenced by multi-trillion dollar industry lobby groups. Just look at how the World Health Organisation conducted itself in the hours leading up to the vote. They're the biggest pharmeceutical shills on the planet, and have lost all credibility.

It's so obvious what is happening.

First the Pharmeceutical Industry pays anti-smoking organisations to discredit ecigs and inform people to stay away from them. This keeps the populatiry of ecigs down so that people dont care how they are regulated, and it also maintains the sales of Nicotine patches, gums and inhalers, not to mention the new Liquid QuickMist.

Then they have ecigs regulated as medicines.

Meanwhile, the whole time they're developing their own medical electronic cigarette.

This picture is absolutely true.

It's a corrupt system, and the only people who lose are the smokers themselves. All focus will be now on the Judicial system where we've had major success in previous years. Maybe we should have focused on it from the beginning, but then, we wouldn't have first hand experience on how corrupt the Parliamentary system is. Now we know.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 11-07-13 at 09:15 AM.
    Jessamine and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    Not likey at all
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Not looking forward to the day when i have to meet dodgy bob the bikey in a dark backalley to buy some nic and a carto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast