Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By Genecigs
  • 3 Post By kay67kay
  • 6 Post By Fatman
  • 3 Post By margyb

Thread: 'Vaping' a healthier way for NZ

'Vaping' a healthier way for NZ

Vaping A Healthier Way For New Zealand | Stuff.co.nz

I love Dr Laugesen, what an effing champion! NZ has him, Canada has Prof Phillips, the EU has Dr Konstantinos, etc etc ... we need one of these types in our corner here in Australia to fight the good fight against Prof Chapman and his false veneer of credibility.

One thing that raised my eyebrow in this opinion piece: "Since 2007 safer alternatives such as e-cigarettes have been sold widely in those countries but are banned here. It is an offence in New Zealand to sell nicotine e-cigarette refills. (Non-nicotine e-cigarettes are legal to sell, and nicotine refills can be imported for private use.)"

Really?? I was under the impression, based on looking at the Elusion website way back when I was first getting into e-cigs, that NZ didn't have the stupid nicotine e-liquid sales ban that Australia does. Because Elusion say they ship their nicotine products across the ditch when you order them online, which implies that nicotine is not banned for sale in NZ (or so my memory would have me believe).
    margyb, mavinry4, davee and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    apparently kiwis are allowed to sell nicotine to overseas countries but not to their fellow countrymen/women.
    mavinry4, Genecigs and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    Correct Kay, though some companies still sell/give it away..... Naked vapours for example.

AVF Regular
    It's got to do with the company in NZ being a wholesaler or manufacturer, if they are they can export to Aus

Super Moderator
    Murray was one of the first guys in the world to actually do any clinical trials on e-cigs ,for Ruyan in 2007, he was basically where Dr Farselinos is now . He in his time at NZ health has always been vocal element for the e-cig and has actively transferred his passion for them to End Smoking NZ , which is a charitable trust
    Although he is primarily an Anti-tobacco prohibitionist , he fully realises and understands the roles in which electronic cigarettes are NOT tobacco or smoking, and as such are allies to the cause rather than our own Simon Chimpface who sees them as the enemy regardless of the science behind them
    margyb, mavinry4, Genecigs and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Thanks for clearing that up for me kay and fifthflo

AVF Regular
    I liked this bit at the end

"The first minister of health who legalises nicotine e-cigarettes for sale will gain enormous backing from the thousands who choose nicotine over tobacco, will achieve the 2025 goal, and reduce smoking more rapidly than any country in the world."
    fifthflo, Cath Mort and Genecigs like this.