Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Testimonials for Aussie Vapers members to take to Andrew Wilkie MP

Testimonials for Aussie Vapers members to take to Andrew Wilkie MP

Hi guys,

I've opened up a tread here for those who cannot be present at the meeting on August 1st to leave testimonials E-cigarette / Personal Vapouriser Testimonials for Andrew Wilkie

I'd love for more of the people who frequent the political and media discussion threads to leave their thoughts there for us to present to Mr Wilkie. I wanted to post everything regarding the meeting in this section initially (because logically that's where it belongs) but it doesn't get as much traffic, and therefore responses

Thank you and sorry for 'spamming' about this meeting everywhere I just want it to go really well and for us to be able to effectively present the views of the community to an important political figure. I think we have an opportunity to get in and educate political decision-makers before the inevitable talk about banning or medical regulation starts, the Regulatory Impact Statement is released and SC and Dr Gartner's studies begin to be discussed etc etc.

Jess
    margyb, mavinry4, lozza 82 and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Come on everyone lets not leave it until the last minute and face a possible ban on vaping in australia, make our voices heard from the begining.
    Everyone on this forum should make a post in that thread.
    Last edited by Darth_Vaper; 17-07-13 at 01:18 PM.
    margyb, eTama, Roxxiiangel and 3 others like this.

My sentiments exactly

AVF Regular
    Just added mine and all the other testimonials are excellent

I just hope Mr Wilkie reads them.
    It will be an excellent resource to give to any other MP's in future if we get an opportunity

PLEASE EVERYONE ADD YOURS
    eTama, Fatman, Megan and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    posted in wrong spot
    mavinry4 and Roxxiiangel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    It will be an excellent resource to give to any other MP's in future if we get an opportunity
    I was thinking that maybe after this meeting with Mr Wilkie is done perhaps a Mod could change the title so others can use it for meeting with their own MP's and we might create a thread which is a Minesterial Kit kinda thing so others can use some of our stuff to set up and have meetings with their MP's. We especially need people who have the Fed Health Minister as their MP to approach them (once we know who that will be after the election).
    Noe, margyb, mavinry4 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcan68 View Post
    posted in wrong spot
    I agree with pcan68.

This should be posted in all the AVF subforums as not everyone visits the political subform reguarly. I suspect many people may dwell in the classifieds section most of the time. Plus there may be several Australian vapers who mainly use Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Reddit. There may also be Vapers that mainly frequent Private online support centres such as Vapebar's ejuice AU forum. I would check with MJ and Belle before doing this on their private forum.

I'm sending out emails to several vapers (ex-smokers) that don't visit online forums, but use email. I'm letting them know that Politicians may be thinking about a supporting the local vaping industry which could make purchasing far easier than the import scheme which they are currently using.

Is there an email people could send their testimonials to?

I'm not sure what to write myself. In terms of my opinions politically, I've said everything I've felt neccessary to say in the ATACA thread, with the addition of CMB's comment below it. I still think that the best in-between regulatory option is to allow pharmacies to sell nicotine liquids up to 48mg/mL. This will make it very easy for current Aussie vendors to help their customers, without allowing a flood of international ejuice makers setting up shop locally and overtaking the market.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 17-07-13 at 06:18 PM.
    margyb and Jessamine like this.

AVF Regular
    Can someone who is older than me (59) PLEASE put a post on the testimonial thread. So far I am the oldest and I dont like it
    eTama, gtadmin, Fatman and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Can someone who is older than me (59) PLEASE put a post on the testimonial thread. So far I am the oldest and I dont like it
    Bwahaha. I'm just contemplating my testimonial now, margy. When I get round to actually typing it tonight, you will no longer be the oldest
    margyb, gtadmin and Jessamine like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Bwahaha. I'm just contemplating my testimonial now, margy. When I get round to actually typing it tonight, you will no longer be the oldest
    Lots of XXXXX for you btobw
    Jessamine likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast