Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Question...

Question...

Is any one else concerned about pharmaceutical company's grabbing this bull by the horns, and turning the first publicly released, medical and government approved "ecig" into yet another chemical laden "cash in" that will no doubt cause symptomatic reactions in users????

I am interested in hearing all opinions, as I like many others would hate to see some thing that has changed my life be destined for failure in such hands...

Cheers

C
    essiemessy and Olfella like this.

What I worry about is the small, but largely ethical, e-cigs industry being squeezed between the two giant industrial lobbies of Big Tobacco and Big Pharma. I also worry that vapers are letting their own political bias get in the way of effective lobbying on our side. I think it's time we just started writing to state and federal Health Ministers and putting our case forwards. As the saying goes "History is made by those who turn up".

AVF Regular
    Yes, the sandwich thing worries me, too.
    mrsgruffy and Lil Loco like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Don't forget Government tax revenue too, this is more like a Big Mac than a sandwich.

Big Tobacco, Big Pharma and Government Taxation Revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by tally-ho View Post
    What I worry about is the small, but largely ethical, e-cigs industry being squeezed between the two giant industrial lobbies of Big Tobacco and Big Pharma. I also worry that vapers are letting their own political bias get in the way of effective lobbying on our side. I think it's time we just started writing to state and federal Health Ministers and putting our case forwards. As the saying goes "History is made by those who turn up".
    I eagerly await the arrival of very close contact , whom has more than enough experience regarding legislation, government regulation, as well as legally taking down large unethical business’ in favour of the little guys… He has a passionate distaste of tobacco and his son is also an avid vaper, so I am sure we can put our heads together and nut some thing out.

I intend on turning up, with my T’s crossed my I’s dotted. Leaving the all of the above mentioned with no where to go… other than us vaper’s and our ethical suppliers way. After all this is a free country isn't it???

Any other further information from people with experience regarding these issues is welcomed via PM to further strengthen my case.

Thanks
    lheamfrg and Olfella like this.

AVF Regular
    have you guys seen the other threads? ataca could really use your support and initiative. there's also a meeting with an MP going on in tassie which we've all be leaving testimonials for.

something small for now perhaps?

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

I've been following it Samtron. I've been reading up on my local MP's as well and my State MP, Linda Burney, has a rep for being very approachable. Anyone else get tempted to put a question about e-cigs on Q&A?

AVF Regular
    Yes, I'm worried for the smokers out there. Myself? No, i'm sorted.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzm View Post
    Don't forget Government tax revenue too, this is more like a Big Mac than a sandwich.

Big Tobacco, Big Pharma and Government Taxation Revenue.
    Government taxation of a product is the only way to legitimize a product.

Retired Account
    Don't forget that any gear we buy in Australia is already taxed. We pay GST of 10% on everything vaping related already.
    Alarmingly, the government have treated shisha flavours as a tobacco and have put tax on it to the same degree as tobacco is taxed.
    It's alarming because as far as I know, there's actually NO tobacco in shisha.
    Apparently the government just did it, claiming that shisha is even more dangerous than tobacco.. if anyone has any reports about this, I'd be keen to have a read.
    I think it means that it's going to be very easy for them to do the same with liquid nicotine, since it is directly derived from tobacco.

If vaping and smoking had identical costs involved.... While most people are content to know that they are doing something which is most likely less harmful than smoking, if it cost the same.. I think that would be a huge disincentive for a lot of smokers to transition to vaping.
    We had a post recently about how the Italian government tried to introduce an ecig tax, and people took to the streets to protest, and the government backed down in the wake of the protestor's claims that 2000 Italian businesses would close and 5000 people would become unemployed.
    I can't see that happening in Australia.. we just aren't united (geographically isolated too) or a large enough group to be effective in that way.
    tally-ho likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast