Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: E-Cigs in Oz Doomed

E-Cigs in Oz Doomed

Hi All

Now that I have your attention I hope that you will please take the time to read on.

Obviously I’m a newbie to e-Cigs and this Forum and that makes me a little reluctant to stick my head on the chopping block as the “new kid on the block” but here goes anyway.

Any of you who have been reading my Journey journal will know that I took my first vape just over one week ago and that I was an instant convert and very impressed.

Haven’t had a smoke since my first vape and don’t feel like one. Still very impressed but I do have some concerns about the future of e-Cigs in Oz based upon what seems to be going on in other parts of the world and more importantly what doesn’t seem to be going on in Oz.

Briefly and purely from a personal perspective my primary concerns are twofold:

* Nicotine Availability - Why can’t I get high quality nic’ juice in Oz?
    (This is rhetorical, I do know the answer.)

* Regulation/Tax - How will Governments regulate and tax e-Cigs and nic’ juice in the future?

I do have some other concerns relating to the wider community but now is not the time for me to air those.

I was surprised, when I did a little bit more digging, to find that there does not appear to be an active association of e-Cig users endeavouring to look after their interests/future.

I did find ATACA and soundasleeps fantastic efforts aimed in that direction but unfortunately other pressures have intervened to interrupt and for the time being at least derail soundasleeps endeavours.

So it seems to me that the rest of us have two choices:

1. Do nothing and let events get manipulated by others who have their own agendas to run. (The results probably won’t be very palatable for us though.)

2. Get together, form a united voice and endeavour to achieve an outcome that is in our best interest. (Easy to say, not so easy to achieve and requires a bit of effort.)

I’m for the second option but that course is not something that any one of us can achieve on our own. It will require the combined efforts of many. So here is what I propose.

Anyone who is interested in forming some sort of an association of e-Cig users with a view to “lobbying” our views to Government and the wider community please let me know by either posting to this thread or sending me a PM.

I know that there are many who are happy to be part of the “collective voice” but for various reasons are unable to get involved in the actual running of things. Just like there are those that are in a position and happy to do a bit more on the organising side.

It is important that any association has both so I would ask that you be up front when indicating your interest by stating whether your interest is as a member only or whether you would be interested in taking on a more active role. For those that have an interest in becoming more actively involved please remember that your involvement should always be linked to your capacity so please don’t hold back because you think it will be too much for you. Each of us can only do what we can do.

Over the next few days or so I will have a look at the level of interest and then report back on my findings. If there is enough interest to keep moving ahead I would suggest that we then take the next step and give some consideration to how best to set up and association that can best meet our aspirations and within the collective resourcing capacity we have available.

I am happy to co-ordinate things at this stage of the game and suggest that if we maintain the KISS principle from the outset that we should be able to achieve a positive outcome.

If we don’t take the first step we will never complete the journey.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin

AVF Regular
    sign me up as some one that is willing to take part in a more active role and as a supporter
    Samtron and Lil Loco like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

YAAAAAYYYY about time!!!!!

you can count me in Big Kev.

if you are suggesting we set up a smuggling ring to bring nic from abroad..... im in.
    if not.... im still in.

though im not handing out flyers to people (by myself anyway)

so im a supporter at this point and il see what happens....
    Noe, fifthflo, bethydy and 1 others like this.

Put me down for a more active roll; vaping has been good to me and I'll do anything to keep it untaxed!

AVF Regular
    Yep I'm in

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

count me in

I'm up for it. I'll be happy to write letters or talk to my local members etc.

I'll help but we need to keep this under the radar and strike when it is required, we do not need to start a whole lot of hoopla to get ourselves noticed early.

You picking up what I'm putting down?
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog, jen and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast