Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Study - Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine

AVF Regular

Study - Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine

Another one to add to my list aka justifying my pleasurable pastime

Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine. [Life Sci. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI
    arth_d, margyb, valleyjohn and 7 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Such a transient drug.
    There will never be 'long term' effects, (physiologically) it's all reversible when you stop provided you don't rob someone to get it or OD on it or something.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

20 minute high and it's gone-degraded out of your system

AVF Regular
    Now, if Nicotine is beneficial to ya, there will be long term effects of not having it so I suppose that's a long term effect
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The part of the report that, I think, is of interest to us:

"The rats breathed in a chamber with nicotine at a concentration giving twice the plasma concentration found in heavy smokers. Nicotine was given for 20 h a day, five days a week during a two-year period. We could not find any increase in mortality, in atherosclerosis or frequency of tumors in these rats compared with controls. Particularly, there was no microscopic or macroscopic lung tumors nor any increase in pulmonary neuroendocrine cells. Throughout the study, however, the body weight of the nicotine exposed rats was reduced as compared with controls. In conclusion, our study does not indicate any harmful effect of nicotine when given in its pure form by inhalation."
    Roxxiiangel and DanGibson like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    Now, if Nicotine is beneficial to ya, there will be long term effects of not having it so I suppose that's a long term effect
    There are reported studies of nicotine being beneficial for some ailments, so for some people it would be a negative effect not to use it.

I think I read somewhere that it can help speed up healing of wounds too, when present in the blood, so perhaps we should all be inhaling a mixture of oxygen & nicotine in hospital
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I was curious and I am sorry if this question derails this thread in anyway, I used to smoke Horizon Orange which was equivalent to 4mg..if I am vaping at 12mg which I know I was reading somewhere that you can't go by these amounts being exactly the intake you get (couldn't find the thread) but it was something along those lines..anyway, (prattling a bit there :-)) is vaping 12mg way much more than what I smoked (4mg) or about the same or even less?
    xox

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    There are reported studies of nicotine being beneficial for some ailments, so for some people it would be a negative effect not to use it.

I think I read somewhere that it can help speed up healing of wounds too, when present in the blood, so perhaps we should all be inhaling a mixture of oxygen & nicotine in hospital
    I've seen reports like that too but also seen reports directly opposite. At uni many moons ago, Medicine had a half live of 10 years. Now it's like 5 years.

What kills you yesterday makes you live longer today. Latest example, omega-3 essential fatty acids were the craze, now they are saying it (excess) causes prostate cancer. Give it another 5 years and the'll probably say it makes you live forever, then another 5 years it will be the opposite again and so on. Add legislation to it and we will need a permit to drink water because that can kill you too
    Noe, margyb, Samtron and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I should say linked to, not causes
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    vitamins and supplements are total bullshit imho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast