Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Tobacco tax may increase again

Tobacco tax may increase again

There are signals that tobacco excise may increase again soon

Kevin Rudd flags increase to tobacco excise ahead of release of Government's economic statement - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Should it occur, AVF can expect to welcome even more new vapers to the community

AVF Regular
    another reason to be glad to be a vaper instead of a smoker now

I welcome these tax hikes, more revenue for queensland health!!!!!
    eteach likes this.

AVF Regular
    I said they'd be $25 per pack by the end of 2014.

What I don't get is why they don't make Rollie tobacco equally expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    There are signals that tobacco excise may increase again soon

Kevin Rudd flags increase to tobacco excise ahead of release of Government's economic statement - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Should it occur, AVF can expect to welcome even more new vapers to the community
    I think you may be right there. I was sick of paying exorbitant taxes, tried Damiana as an alternative but it stank the house out and stumbled across e-cigs at a local tobacconist. I didn't give up for health reasons.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Anthrope View Post
    I think you may be right there. I was sick of paying exorbitant taxes, tried Damiana as an alternative but it stank the house out and stumbled across e-cigs at a local tobacconist. I didn't give up for health reasons.
    You're singing my song. Health pfft that's what modern medicine and immune systems keep in check. Once packs hit $20 I was like nup I'm not paying $18 tax a day for these! Ftr damiana is an excellent mixer with dmt.

Sorry mods trying not to derail, pressure of speech n all...:

AVF Regular
    they have been increasing rollie prices also. at the same level i think based on wholesale price. must be 150% tax by now. glad to be vaping also. heck glad to be STOCKED UP...got my nic delivery today...all packed and cozy in the freezer with my pg/vg supplies for a couple of years i've estimated.

i'm worried bout them cottoning on to vaping.

love the article icarus posted re italians letting go of vaping tax...i'm hoping we can get in contact with their lobby and ask what information resources they used to achieve this.

i'm guessing but i don't think we have as many vapers nor as many people employed in the vaping industry as the italians do
    bethydy likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the Government's economic mismanagement means it continually looks to increase taxes to raise revenue.

"My view is we will wait and see," he said.

"But with this Government, it can't control its own spending and it always looks to increase taxes on the Australian people."

An example of outrageous spending is the awarding of sociologists grant money to spout bullshit hysteria about the dangers of nicotine and ecigs in re-glamorizing smoking.

AVF Regular
    If normal cigarettes end up costing $ 1 at the shop, does that mean under 18's will be paying $ 2 each from their 'friends' .... a realistic deterrent to kids starting smoking.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    An example of outrageous spending is the awarding of sociologists grant money to spout bullshit hysteria about the dangers of nicotine and ecigs in re-glamorizing smoking.
    I don't like sociologists either, but it would be good to get a couple on-side. They essentially consider all things health as 100% socially driven outcomes, no consideration for the biology of it all.
    Last edited by Australis; 31-07-13 at 06:52 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast