Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: A Comparison of Chantix Vs. Electronic Cigarettes

A Comparison of Chantix Vs. Electronic Cigarettes

Chantix Vs. Electronic Cigarettes - Is Chantix Better than E-Cigs?
    jen likes this.

AVF Regular
    it's an anti-depressant that happens to attach to nicotine receptors in the brain....i got MAJORLY irritated when i tried it....Vs quit the day i borrowed one from a friend.

there is no comparison. Ecigs/PV nicotine juice wins hands down.

especially if we can rely on what others have posted about the "ingredients" of mist NRT's....i.e. they contain the same and WORSE ingredients.

i still can't get over them allowing champix as a "healthy" alternative. anti-depressants are for the depressed...and can be dangerous to those that aren't.
    Miss Anthrope likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Some side effects of Chantix - (common) headaches, (possible) migraines, (common) nausea, (common) rash, (common) lethargy, (common) Depression, a whole page of others, suicidal thoughts & death.

Some side effects of vaping - (possible) mild headaches from over dose, (possible) nausea from overdose, (possible) allergic reaction to PG or flavoring ingredients, (likely) better health, (likely) improved fitness, (likely) improved self confidence, (likely) higher life expectancy.

I'll let you decide for yourself which is the better option.
    jen and Tokerz81 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    + chantix = massive pharma profits. doncha just love tobacco control.
    Samtron likes this.

Chantix has helped some of its users to quit. Chantix has helped some of its users to die.

Vaping has helped some e-cigarette users to quit. Vaping has helped no e-cigarette users to die.

Them be good odds.
    margyb, Itsmerobyn and Samtron like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    it's an anti-depressant that happens to attach to nicotine receptors in the brain....i got MAJORLY irritated when i tried it....Vs quit the day i borrowed one from a friend.

there is no comparison. Ecigs/PV nicotine juice wins hands down.

especially if we can rely on what others have posted about the "ingredients" of mist NRT's....i.e. they contain the same and WORSE ingredients.

i still can't get over them allowing champix as a "healthy" alternative. anti-depressants are for the depressed...and can be dangerous to those that aren't.
    It's all about, money talks and shit walks me thinks.
    Samtron likes this.

Retired Account
    You should read the link to the person's blog titled "My brain and Chantix". That was me on that drug.. In America, they weren't allowed to market it as Champix, because that symbolised it as being the champ of quitting, which was considered to be an overstatement of it's success. (As it turns out, it's no more successful long term than patches) Instead, it gives you nightmares, suicidal and homicidal ideation (to completion, on many occasions), and pretty much borderline psychosis. It's a terrible drug, and it's just too risky to be on the market. Thousands of reports to the FDA on this drug, yet it's still available, still on the market. So basically big pharma is saying it's okay that people kill themselves in their attempts to quit smoking. It's really disgusting that it's acceptable for people to put their lives at risk in their attempt to quit smoking. Like a quote I read I think in the blog "I joked that Chantix is successful at helping people quit because dead people don't smoke." (or very close to those words). It distresses me that that this drug is still being prescribed and that our regulators think these are 'reasonable' risks we can take while trying to quit smoking.
    margyb, jen, Genecigs and 1 others like this.

WARNING! DARK HUMOUR BELOW

But the dead people did stop smoking.
    Well unless they were cremated then they kept smoking for a while.
    Samtron and Miss Anthrope like this.

Retired Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    + chantix = massive pharma profits. doncha just love tobacco control.
    More than this, our government is directly involved in paying for this drug. It's on our PBS, which means our government subsidises the cost of this drug to a huge extent. Not sure about now, but when I was prescribed it, I asked how much it would cost me to continue the treatment beyond the 90 days the government subsidised, and it was over $400 per prescription. Since I paid $30 per prescription, that means the government was paying the pharmaceutical company $370 per prescription for this poison. I say give us that money and let us spend it on liquid nicotine!! 3 x prescriptions worth in $$s would get us all a shitload of nice mods, batteries and juice delivery systems AND probably the best part of a year's worth of fancy overseas flavours as well.
    Noe and Tokerz81 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    $1200 to spend on vape gear?
    WOW that'd keep you in premium NET juice for over 2 years, including a provari or high end mech mod & high end RBA.
    Giving us the 3x payments the Govt. gives to BP for Chumpfix, would save the Govt. more money too, because vapers don't go around killing themselves or others, costing the Govt. expenses for investigations, vapers don't end up in psych wards due to their attempt to quit smoking, vapers don't end up in hospital because of their use of vaping devices, all of this is ADDED costs that Chumpfix costs the Govt.
    Thereupon and mrsgruffy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast