Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By icarus
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By pgscott

Thread: Canadian Doctors Develop Ecig

Canadian Doctors Develop Ecig

Two Toronto doctors have developed an ecig called the Nico-Puff

Toronto doctors seek investors for nicotine inhaler | Toronto Star

Just another ecig I guess, but good to see medical professionals getting in on the game. One is director of the Mount Sinai Hospital Pulmonary Function Laboratory and director of the Toronto Western Hospital Pulmonary Research Laboratory. The other is vice-president of research at St. Michaelís hospital and professor of medicine, surgery, and biomedical engineering at the University of Toronto.

.. and please, no jokes about the last name of one of the gents .
    Crisscross, jen and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice try but I think they are late to market. Not too dissimilar to nicorette inhaler that has been around for years. Personally concept doesn't work for me. I need the visable vapour to satisfy me.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    And I really wonder just what they hope to achieve in terms of 'regulation' they're talking about. Good on them, but of course it's another passenger on the bandwagon.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Just another ecig I guess, but good to see medical professionals getting in on the game.
    Yes, but not if the very same people are prepared to give out misleading information regarding ecigs. From their website -

"Vapor inhaled from e-cigarettes contains more than 20 chemicals/metals many of the elements are known to cause respiratory distress and disease."

Never trust do-gooders - especially when same do-gooders stand to make millions of dollars from what they are selling.
    keyboardmama likes this.

AVF Regular
    ... Subway was started by a doctor and was very late to the party and started out as a healthier alternative but lately their menu looks a lot more mainstream ....

Yes, but not if the very same people are prepared to give out misleading information regarding ecigs
    Fair point and nice pickup; I should have sussed out their site a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Nice try but I think they are late to market. Not too dissimilar to nicorette inhaler that has been around for years. Personally concept doesn't work for me. I need the visable vapour to satisfy me.
    I think the visible vapour is the sticking point for the negativity surrounding e-cigs in general. Hence why a nicorette inhaler, which basically contains the same ingredients (+more) as our devices is OK, but ours are not. Because it would have to be asked why hasn't Big P made an e-cig device themselves? They don't want the visible vapour is the answer, because it resembles smoke too much. Which is ridiculous. I am pretty sure they had plans along those lines quite some years back, but threw them out

People see clouds, they think smoke. My sister is a really bad asthmatic, but she also suffers from psychosomania. She only has to see my vapour and she starts to cough. Yet the first time I saw her after starting vaping, I stealthed and didn't let her see any vapour, and she asked my mum was she cooking cakes. Didn't cough though.

Personally, I like the idea of our stuff way over inhaling a powdered concoction of lactose and nicotine into my lungs.

NICOTINE INHALER - NICO PUFF CORPORATION

It's basically just another nicotine inhaler, as Crisscross said, which more closely resembles a cigarette.

And I already hate they are bagging e-cigs to flog them. If the product is that good, let it stand on its own merits.