Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Rail companies ban ecigs

Rail companies ban ecigs

Don't forget to vote ...... we're winning by a good margin at the moment !

Rail companies ban e-cigarettes from trains and stations - Telegraph

AVF Regular
    Sigh, what are these people using for evidence based policies?
    There's nothing as ignorant and cruel as a corporate entity.

AVF Regular
    They had a poll at the end of the story...

Do you agree with the ban of e-cigs on trains
    Yes:56 votes 16.97%
    No: 274 votes 83.03%

that says it all.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Banned (Never to return)
    i dont think they should be used in such crowded places

I support the ban although I am uneducated regards the results of nicotine in the exhale

I do not support any glorification of Ecigs as i dont want to be directly responsible for increasing regulations on Ecigs by blatantly using in a non smoking area and jeopardizing the opportunity for current smokers to make the transition to ecigs

I voted but I doubt the votes will have any impact on the decision made.
    If a private company wants to ban them they will. It's not as if people won't use their service even if they do ban them.

I personally treat ecigs like a cigarette. If I want to Vape I don't do it in shopping centres I go outside.

I understand many people do it everywhere but it's only going to lead to bans.
    Last edited by neofelis; 12-08-13 at 01:17 AM.
    D1git, Old Dog, Thereupon and 3 others like this.

Awareness of ecigs is limited, I think it's fair enough to ban them where smoking is banned ..... vaping on a train would be counterproductive to creating a positive public perception on ecigs

AVF Regular
    i think miter and neo are right...although i voted "go **** yourself" NO in that lil voting thingy....but realistically it's not gonna matter a whit until some decent studies into the content of the exhale are made publicly aware.

for some things it'll always be guilty until proven otherwise...this is one of those things.

i really hope dr farsalinos research get's a good viewing world wide and makes some impressions. If it's significantly better than smoking we should be left alone if we're not harming ourselves or anyone else.

that being said...i have stealth vaped on a train before *cringes*....i was HANGING and it was a 2 hour trip!!!

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Quote Originally Posted by mitergreen View Post
    i dont think they should be used in such crowded places

I support the ban although I am uneducated regards the results of nicotine in the exhale

I do not support any glorification of Ecigs as i dont want to be directly responsible for increasing regulations on Ecigs by blatantly using in a non smoking area and jeopardizing the opportunity for current smokers to make the transition to ecigs
    I don't really support or protest bans on e-cigs. Really I couldn't care less, I'm happy to switch to vaping for my own benefit, expecting to use them where ever smokers are allowed to currently - no big deal to me as I'm used to it now.

As a smoker I got used to not being able to smoke in certain areas. I didn't have a fit about it, and did without the nicotine hit for a few hours just fine. It's not like just because someone starts to vape they need a constant nicotine hit now.
    Switching to vaping is more a person's own choice, ie they can do it on their own property without harming the health of their family, their own health, or even paint and furniture etc.
    I don't see it ever being acceptable in public where smoking isn't allowed. It would be nice, but it's a pipe dream as too much damage has been done by smoking already. No one is wanting to create a culture where we create new nicotine addicts.

Holy crap, you should see the huge amount of paperwork i have to do at home, I keep putting it off due to the fact it stresses me out and I need to go outside for a smoke!
    At least if I can vape in my study I might get some work done
    Last edited by coopz; 12-08-13 at 01:48 AM.
    keyboardmama likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'd be fine with people not using them on trains, but on the platforms i don't see a problem, and that's coming from a train stealther
    neofelis and Old Dog like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    I'd be fine with people not using them on trains, but on the platforms i don't see a problem, and that's coming from a train stealther
    Which is exactly why this is a stupid ban. Blanket bans on something as harmless as vaping is just stupid.

Vaping (as in exhaling clouds of vapor) on a crowded train is just plain rude. Vaping on open air platforms should be allowed - there's absolutely no harm in it whatsover. Forcing people to vape in smoking areas is just criminal. We vape to avoid that shit.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast