Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Are e-Cigarettes Really a Healthy Alternative to Lighting Up?

Are e-Cigarettes Really a Healthy Alternative to Lighting Up?

Vaping sounds cool, almost futuristic, and thanks to Leonardo DiCaprio, Katherine Heigel, and other sexy celebs seen inhaling the vapors of e-cigarettes, it’s like the new hookah.

Are e-Cigarettes Really a Healthy Alternative to Lighting Up? | Shape Magazine

And of course, it includes the now obligatory, hoary old chestnut ...................................

“Yet there is still a lot we don’t know about these products.”

AVF Regular
    i dont know i cant see it being good for you. they obviosly cant see the long term effects because its still in its infant stage

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    i dont know i cant see it being good for you

Why cant you see it being good for you, and if its not feel free to revert back to tobacco, which is obviously better. The "Infant" has got to be 10 years old and still healthy.
    gregds, Old Dog and spud like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Better known is the the invention of Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik, who patented the first nicotine based electronic cigarette in 2003. The following year, Hon Lik was the first person to manufacture and sell such a product, first in the Chinese market and then internationally.

Who Invented Electronic Cigarettes?
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    The "Infant" has got to be 10 years old and still healthy.

I wake up every morning and search for that extra head growing out of my neck, but so far no signs !

New study shows they know a bit more now about the vapor at least.. New study finds no health concerns in e-cig vapor | American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)
    Jessamine and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    New study shows they know a bit more now about the vapor at least.. New study finds no health concerns in e-cig vapor | American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)
    I love this:

ACSH’s Dr. Gilbert Ross, a close follower of the e-cigarette literature and regulatory scene, commented as follows: “Prof. Burstyn’s comprehensive analysis should help put to rest the good-faith concerns of some in the anti-smoking community who continue to doubt the safety of e-cigarettes’ ‘second-hand vapor.’ Unfortunately, for the bulk of the harm-reduction haters, this will probably have little impact, since they are refractory to science-based discussion, fixated as they are on their various perverse agendas.”

Ha ha ha!
    Robray, margyb and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    I'm really not trying to be argumentative here, but I can't help feeling the reporting of these studies is a bit biased. This article was obviously written by someone who is very pro-vaping. Which is fine, but if I was on the other side it would make me quite suspicious of veracity of this particular study because it reads as so one sided. The comment by this 'Doctor' Ross guy was inflammatory and quite rude -or it will certainly be perceived that way by the naysayers.

Even Dr Farsi....(blah, can't remember the spelling) whose work I do respect comes off sounding like he's desperate to prove a point and quite biased.

I'd love to read an article about the same study but written by one of the prohibitionists just to get a bit of balance on it.
    Last edited by JenJ; 17-08-13 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I'm really not trying to be argumentative here, but I can't help feeling the reporting of these studies is a bit biased. This article was obviously written by someone who is very pro-vaping. Which is fine, but if I was on the other side it would make me quite suspicious of veracity of this particular study because it reads as so one sided. The comment by this 'Doctor' Ross guy was inflammatory and quite rude -or it will certainly be perceived that way by the naysayers.

Even Dr Farsi....(blah, can't remember the spelling) whose work I do respect comes off sounding like he's desperate to prove a point and quite biased.

I'd love to read an article about the same study but written by one of the prohibitionists just to get a bit of balance on it.
    I know where your coming from but i can totally relate too "Doctor Ross" frustration at the prohibitionists.

If in the event vaping is proven too be 100% safe The prohibitionists will still make a song and dance about vaping in public as i doubt they could live with themselves knowing someone was enjoying a vape with a smile on their face....
    spud likes this.

Old Dog and necro like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast