Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: There's A Reason Why E-Cigarettes Have Just 1% Of The Tobacco Market

There's A Reason Why E-Cigarettes Have Just 1% Of The Tobacco Market

“Consumers are clearly interested in e-cigs, but they have a ~1% & not a 10% share for a reason,” he writes. “There is near universal awareness of e-cigs, with about 50% trial among smokers.”

There's A Reason Why E-Cigarettes Have Just 1% Of The Tobacco Market | Business Insider Australia

Adelman does not say what exactly smokers find e-cigs’ shortcomings to be.
    Considering that when these people talk about e-cigs, they actually mean "cig-a-likes". Any AVF'er that didn't arrive here yesterday could answer their conundrum.

Picks up Groove with Genesis and ceramic wick and ribbon kanthal filled with Net menthol. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Amanda
    GirlyPantz, Hoey and Caffeind like this.

AVF Regular
    *Takes a toot from my Stainless Steel rope, sheathed with ecowool, genisis, Silverdog filled with blackcurrant ejuice*
    mmmmmm....Smoking was never this good
    GirlyPantz and Hoey like this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I actually tried giving 2 heavy smokers an ego battery (1100mah so it wasn't a battery life issue) with a couple stardusts each, both did not use it in the end one said that it was "too sweet" and the other who I believe does not actually ever want to quit but only claims to want to quit just said "she doesn't like e-cigs" I think it must be something to do with their perception of themselves while smoking or a dark seated pleasure in the self harm of 4000 carcinogens being delivered to their body through a vessel which has been shown to be lightly radioactive ( enough to give you light radiation poisoning over time).
    I think it takes a more self-aware and budget conscious person to change to e cigs; for me the first time I picked one up it was marshmallow flavour and I knew from the first draw I didn't want cigarettes any more.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, Hoey and 3 others like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Banned (Never to return)
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    I actually tried giving 2 heavy smokers an ego battery (1100mah so it wasn't a battery life issue) with a couple stardusts each, both did not use it in the end one said that it was "too sweet" and the other who I believe does not actually ever want to quit but only claims to want to quit just said "she doesn't like e-cigs" I think it must be something to do with their perception of themselves while smoking or a dark seated pleasure in the self harm of 4000 carcinogens being delivered to their body through a vessel which has been shown to be lightly radioactive ( enough to give you light radiation poisoning over time).
    I think it takes a more self-aware and budget conscious person to change to e cigs; for me the first time I picked one up it was marshmallow flavour and I knew from the first draw I didn't want cigarettes any more.
    they needed some "premium juices" in dolphin embossed gold dripper bottles with subtle undertones to garnish the pallet with a cleansing and refreshing subdued release of emphatic blah blah blah .............................................

*sigh*
    Australis and bk_renesis like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    “Consumers are clearly interested in e-cigs, but they have a ~1% & not a 10% share for a reason,” he writes. “There is near universal awareness of e-cigs, with about 50% trial among smokers.”

There's A Reason Why E-Cigarettes Have Just 1% Of The Tobacco Market | Business Insider Australia
    Biggest POS article I've seen... Doesn't even have any meaningful insights, just a load of BS and that pic of the guy vaping makes him look like the biggest closest vaper/hopeless nicotine addict...
    Jessamine likes this.

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

Mankind also has an interesting "safe distance" mechanism subconsciously attached to carrying a stick on fire.

We're used to seeing this but not sucking on a SS torch
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's really starting to take off here in Townsville,all the smokers I no are now vapers and they are turning their friends into vaping and none of them have even heard of it till I showed them my stuff so I think the more informed smokers are on vaping the numbers will explode
    margyb, Cath Mort and Jessamine like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    It's really starting to take off here in Townsville,all the smokers I no are now vapers and they are turning their friends into vaping and none of them have even heard of it till I showed them my stuff so I think the more informed smokers are on vaping the numbers will explode
    Yeah exactly saying people know they exist and knowing what they are and what they can do is entirely different

Most adverts for ecigs don't go into detail about them, they just show a celebrity or someone random using one...
    Toddosh and Jessamine like this.

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

AVF Regular
    Its an age old Habit, much like underpants.

Sometimes you WANT to change but its inconvenient or does not feel right,
    When it becomes a NEED to change the reason is justified.

If your underpants can stick to the wall just like perfectly cooked pasta then you NEED to change.
    Captain, Mushman and RichoVonBlack like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast