Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Next-generation products from BAT

Next-generation products from BAT

Late to the party bandwagonners now know what we want ! LOL
    I think we've had enough of their poisonous lies over the years ...........

At British American Tobacco, we understand all the different elements of what smokers like about the experience they get from cigarettes. This means we can better meet the needs of those smokers who are seeking an alternative to cigarettes.

We believe we’re well placed to improve the e-cigarette and other nicotine product offerings for smokers to make these a more satisfying experience for them. Our experience also means we can make improvements in areas such as product quality.

British American Tobacco - Next-generation products

AVF Regular
    Just shows how much of a threat E-cigs are to the profit margines of Big Tobacco, you know your on a good thing when BT are trying to get a cut....
    eteach and Mammoth like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

They just look like cigalikes...I just googled it to have a looksy..You flip open the top and can see what looks like a filter end of a ciggy in there (room for 2 but only 1)
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    yeah they are scum trying to get a cut. they are probably bribing the right people to regulate all the smaller companies/businesses out of the game.

i won't use their products.

I'll continue to use my pv, even if it means a fine, or whatever. especially at home. but i think i'd use it out and about as well.
    eteach, Hoey and necro like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

IMO, if they can improve the quality then awesome.

If instead all they do is "New model e-cig, now with super extra addictive magic that only we have", well then $%^ them.

AVF Regular
    i really like the innovation and style of the smaller businesses.

the BT brings a stink with it that reeks of decadence.

they'll appeal to the masses with marketing and promises...they have money to throw at research and development.

they didn't come up with the idea though. they jumped on the band wagon once they saw their profits declining.

it's why i think they're scum. i know they have every right to run their businesses and protect their interests...i just feel we'll be better looked after by the small bloke running his own lil operation.

the big boys have shown they dun give a flying hoot. they care about the bottom line. always have. i'm a little jaded.
    tally-ho likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Big Tobacco have a financial incentive for their ecig business to flop. This is why they're investing in batteries that dont last more than an hour, and prefilled cartos that wont last half a day.

I won't trust Big Tobacco one bit, until they start investing in and selling rechargeable VV eGo batteries, refillable tank systems and nicotine liquids.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 23-08-13 at 02:50 PM.
    Robray, Old Dog, tally-ho and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Am in 2 minds about big tobacco getting involved. I have to convince myself that they will make it easier for people to access vaping technology, after all, a lot of people won't be interested in geeking out with all the gear like many of us around here do.

On the other hand the ANTZ want to destroy the tobacco companies and do anything to fuk 'em up, even manufacturing evidence, so maybe they will find a way with big tobacco getting involved with vaping

They bought out Intellicig UK for $34 million and now launching a Njoy clone (from same factory as Njoy I believe as its nearly an exact match for Njoy).

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Am in 2 minds about big tobacco getting involved. I have to convince myself that they will make it easier for people to access vaping technology, after all, a lot of people won't be interested in geeking out with all the gear like many of us around here do.

On the other hand the ANTZ want to destroy the tobacco companies and do anything to fuk 'em up, even manufacturing evidence, so maybe they will find a way with big tobacco getting involved with vaping
    I don't know about people not wanting to geek out with all the gear, but I've had some interesting comments and questions from people about my little ego/clearo set up. Most people, (the smokers that I know), actually say they are not interested in the ones that look like cigs, because they look plasticy (is that a word?), and a bit silly, but they really like the look of the little ego setup, and the size of it too, particularly the women. I think people also like the fact that they can personalise their vaping gear. I like that I can get different colours and designs, and I'm going to use my PV as a kind of accessory, like a pair of shoes or handbag If you look at the huge variety of things like phone cases, tablet cases, laptop personalisation designs etc, people want to be different from everyone else, they want something that reflects their personality, and cigalikes just don't cut it, and when people realise that the cigalikes don't cut it in the taste stakes, or in value for money, or in the fact that they will likely become just more litter, (having to replace batteries and disposable carts all the time), they wont use them for long, even if they start with them.

Using cigalikes also just gives the anti-smoking whingers a tool to beat vapers with, as we have seen, using the argument that they still look like smokes and will confuse the kiddies and the vocally ignorant.

My partner took his PV to golf, and has had so many questions and interest from guys that want to try it, that on his golf trip to the city they are going to make a special trip to Vapebar, just so all the guys can get some info and buy a few starter kits. Now these aren't trendy guys, these are farmers, railway and port workers, brickies etc, not a trendy among them. It seems to be all about getting off the stinkies, and being able to vape in the clubhouse after golf

I'm with you on not trusting big tobacco, and I would much rather encourage people to support small businesses rather than multinational corporations, at least with small businesses you get the customer service, the good advice, and you are helping someone make a living in an ethical way.
    Hoey and Samtron like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast