Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By Old Dog
  • 5 Post By mavinry4
  • 4 Post By Old Dog

Thread: Lies and conflict of interest

Lies and conflict of interest

Finally, it is worth noting that while the prospects of personal financial gain might explain the behavior of the MEPs, I actually think it is way down the list of important COIs that caused people to lie about e-cigarettes in the other cases. Tobacco control and smoking cessation people are probably much more conflicted by the desire to personally be responsible for health benefits, a self-centered but not precisely selfish motive. That is, they are desperately afraid that the goal will be achieved in spite of them rather than instead of them. This interest conflict severely with the goal itself when the world moves on and the goal is better served by what others are doing.

Lies and conflict of interest | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

I wonder what Simon Chimpman's conflict of interest is.

Would he get less Government money if e-cigs were shown to decrease smoking rates?

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I wonder what Simon Chimpman's conflict of interest is.

Would he get less Government money if e-cigs were shown to decrease smoking rates?
    He can see the writing on the wall with vaping, and will find something else to compliment his interest in windfarms, and performing in his band.

Must be a lot of money floating around in this alternative energy market ......... hmmmm ....... might have to do more extensive research.