Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

AUSSIE ASH Campaign - Get involved today!

There are many different options available to smokers who want to quit. Most people know about approved nicotine replacement therapy options such as gum, lozenges and patches – while many also know about the pharmacological treatments like Zyban and Champix. What many don’t know is that switching to a smokeless tobacco product like Swedish Snus or electronic cigarettes is safer than continuing to smoke for just one more month!

The more alternatives and options available to smokers, the higher the chances of them successfully quitting, and this is where we need your help.

Getting existing laws and legislation changed is a long drawn out and often expensive process. To be able to sell a therapeutic product in Australia requires studies conducted in Australia to prove the safety of said product and listing with the Therapeutic Goods Administration. This process can cost tens of thousands of dollars and unfortunately there are currently no liquid nicotine manufacturers interested in having their products approved for local retail sale.

But there is still hope.

Between the TGA’s Personal Importation Scheme and the Commonwealth Poisons Standard 2010 there is already the framework in place to allow Australians to import eJuice containing nicotine “as an aid in withdrawal from tobacco smoking” (Schedule 2 Poison). The issue is that the final decision of what constitutes a therapeutic product falls to the State Health Departments.

Queensland Health currently holds the opinion that despite the low concentrations of nicotine in eJuice (typically between 1.2 and 4.8%) it is a Schedule 7 Poison (the same classification is 100% nicotine) and therefor illegal to possess or use. Seizures of imports are already taking place causing some electronic cigarette users to return to regular cigarette smoking. Victoria has publicly made the same decision but has not yet implemented any personal import restrictions as a result.

For less than the price of a pack of cigarettes you can add your voice to the call to have nicotine eJuice officially recognised in Australia as an unapproved Schedule 2 therapeutic product. This will ensure that other promising option is available to those wanting to reduce their risk of smoking related diseases, as well as protect those around them since electronic cigarettes produce no smoke, and therefore no second hand smoke.

Check out the A.U.S.S.I.E. A.S.H. Campaign page and get involved today!

Just checked everything out soundasleep and man,top job!!!

Umm re: the classification of 100% could be similar to problems others have had with plant extracts?
    I'm a long time ethnobotany enthusiast and this has been raised before....don't even get me started on The Analogues Act!
    It won't be too easy, but you are doing it the right way believe me.
    Some people have been in serious shite for having certain controlled substances(so what,they heal and are not dangerous AT ALL ) in VERY minor quantities (% wise) but diluted in water (admixture drink),they were held accountable for the whole bottle's weight as if it contained 100% in ml of each extract.

I believe this too was in QLD.

edited corrected poor english LOL
    Last edited by Mushman; 31-07-11 at 01:26 AM. Reason: edited corrected poor english LOL

Sik
    good job man 10 bucks sent your way
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    $ sent!...........
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

UPDATE: First set of letters printed, so that covers my wife, my Dad and the two of you that "Donated" before you should have ;p

Two things I've realized.
    1. I need a laser printer.

2. We need to create a single page version.

It's all well and good to include all the necessary information the FIRST time you write to somebody. But I think once it gets to, say, the 10th time, I single page getting right to the point is more likely to be remember agained.

So first 10 letters to an individual polly will be this 2 page "complete" version. I'll write up a single page soon and use that after after 10's

Sound like a good idea to everybody?

nev
    great work $10 sent

AVF Regular
    cash @bank.thanks sas.
    RIP VP

BananaMan
    I can has letters!
    Thanks for your time and effort on this SAS. Payment sent.

php
    Done and done.

Just wondering if it would be worthwhile to have a 'contribution' option to go with the letters so some of us don't have to login and order twice?
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

I'm in. $10 sent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast