Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By Old Dog
  • 2 Post By spud

Thread: BMA calls for e-cigarette restrictions

BMA calls for e-cigarette restrictions

Aren't these 'medical professionals' concerned for their credibility once all the facts are revealed ?

Can't they see that plugging holes in the dyke now, will render their opinions ludicrous once the wall breaks ?

Call for e-cigarette regulation - ITV News

spud likes this.

Licensing e-cigarettes: opportunities and risks.

This is from June 2013, when medical licencing was first mooted, but gives you some idea of the ideological quandary the medical fraternity find themselves in.

Also, the loss of "medical grants' from Bigpharma would be an issue weighing heavily on their minds.

But as well as this promise, e-cigarettes have several potential theoretical downsides:
    ■what makes e-cigarettes beautiful could also make them dangerous – their replication of the act of smoking could be too close to the ‘real thing’ to allow smokers to ever effectively escape their tobacco habits and potentially to revert back to smoking tobacco;
    ■using e-cigarettes in smoke-free areas could potentially give smokers less motivation to quit smoking the rest of the time;
    ■and their use in smoke-free places and in marketing images could have a knock on effect of ‘renormalising’ smoking, by confusing or contradicting the messages about the harms of smoking. This could undermine public health efforts to deter young people from taking up smoking.

Licensing e-cigarettes: opportunities and risks - Cancer Research UK - Science Update blog

Lots of good comments !
    spud likes this.

From the vid "first advice should be to go and see your pharmacist or GP", FFS I'm not sick, why the hell would I want to go see the doctor? I wouldn't go and see the doc because I drank fifty cups of coffee a day, I would look for a safer alternative, I wouldn't go see a doctor if I drank too much alcohol, I would look for an alternative and some support from others.

We give doctors way to much power over us in this country and in other developed countries, it gives them a god complex, and they start wanting to do stupid and excessive stuff like banning e-cigs. Doctors are human beings, they are not always right, they are often wrong, they don't know everything, and many are totally ignorant about a whole lot of things, e-cigs being one of them.

If you drank high strength beer, with lots of added chemicals in it, and found out it was going to kill you, would you:

1. give up beer entirely, believing all beer was bad for you, and deny yourself the pleasure of beer because of one or more dodgy manufacturers?

2 would you do some research and find a safer alternative, and drink that instead of the dodgy beer?

3 would you go running scared to your doctor to get pills that stop you drinking that dodgy beer?

4 would you have a look at a bit of home brewing, and make your own beer, so you knew exactly what was in it, how strong it was, and how it would affect you?

We are adults and should have the right to make up our own minds as to how we choose to have our nicotine, if thats what we want to do. Just as we decide what coffee we like, or what beer or wine we drink, or if we don't use these drugs at all.

When it was found that there was anti-freeze in some wines from Europe, the government didn't go and ban all imported wines and local wines, they quite sensibly alerted the public to the brands that were dodgy, and tested others to make sure they were ok. I see e-cigs at no different, if there are dodgy brands, then let us know which ones they are so we can avoid them.

I know that there is much more going on behind this frenzy of banning anything that people could possibly take control of and enjoy, I know its all about protecting the profits of tobacco companies, pharma companies and government parasites that feed off them.
    Old Dog and commanda like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13