Like Tree25Likes
  • 10 Post By TheDishD
  • 2 Post By poopoo
  • 1 Post By Samtron
  • 3 Post By mavinry4
  • 5 Post By kay67kay
  • 2 Post By coopz
  • 2 Post By tugboatofdeath

Thread: Dr Farsalinos joins TeamTalk, excellent VTTV show the Dr is in the House!

AVF Regular

Dr Farsalinos joins TeamTalk, excellent VTTV show the Dr is in the House!

well worth a watch Dr F spends plenty of time setting things straight and answering many questions!

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Fantastic news. Bless the Dr!!!
    margyb and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    really appreciate the post. The Doc is a champion to our cause.
    TheDishD likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

From about 44:00 he begins talking about vendors being forced to attach proper labelling, and that the vendors wont like that.

I look at the aussie vendor bottles, and there is plenty of surface real estate on the bottles. I'd be all for vendors being forced handover bottle surface realstate for mandatory warnings.

It's about what the label says is what I'm more concerned about. In the end, I think smokers need to be educated about the dangers of handling pre-vaporized ejuice.

For example, I don't think it is necessary to be handling 24mg/mL (2.4%) nicotine liquids with gloves. If a little drop falls on the skin of your hands, you can just rinse your hand under water, or even just wipe it off with a wet towel.
    Old Dog, Samtron and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    What a great listen that was. a couple of the points that dr f brought up struck a chord with me.

the first one I hadn't considered. whenever we talk about the villains in the e-cig debate, we rail at big t and big p. I think big m is probably the worst of all (big media) (or bm and we all know what that stands for). if the media companies weren't after their almighty bucks, they wouldn't print the rubbish that big t and big p are pedalling. but what sells newspapers? scandal. people love scandal and people love to be scared. the media wants to sell more papers and the best way to do that is to make sensational claims. a headline screaming that e-cigs cause cancer is going to attract a lot more attention than one saying that e-cigs are way safer than traditional ciggies. so what are they going to print? i'm starting to thing that big m is the biggest stirrer and is our biggest enemy.

the other point, which is something i'd wondered about in passing, is how on earth do we measure the long term risks or benefits of vaping? say I vape for 2 years, then develop lung cancer. could someone say that vaping causes lung cancer? probably. is it more likely that my lung cancer was caused by the 30 years of heavy smoking I did before I started vaping? absolutely. but how on earth would you prove it? pretty much anyone who took part in a long term study of vaping would have a history of smoking. I think it would be impossible to isolate the effects of vaping from the effects of a life time of smoking prior to vaping. it's a curly one, for sure.

I like dr f even more now after watching that. he is an incredibly intelligent and logical person. he has the type of brain I find totally shmexxxxxyyyyyy!

lovesigh.jpg
    margyb, Hoey, Samtron and 2 others like this.

Thanks, I just watched the whole thing.
    Samtron and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    guy is a legend
    Samtron and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    i think the other concern is what effects the flavours have upon being vaporised.

but i think this can be managed and even avoided with proper testing and even substitution. chemists have always been good at finding new and inventive ways to develop artifical flavours, the entire confectionery industry is based on this. we'd just need to borrow theirs and unfortunately pharma's standards and expertise in devising safe testing/alternatives to any harmful flavours/additives.

Please goto Youtube and Like this video.

nice talk by the way. answered some great questions. gives me hope after all the media/corporate/government intimidation.
    Last edited by Samtron; 31-08-13 at 02:32 PM.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.