Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By Old Dog
  • 3 Post By spud
  • 1 Post By Samtron

Thread: E-cigarettes likely to pose little harm in comparison to cigarettes

E-cigarettes likely to pose little harm in comparison to cigarettes

It is typical of Government that policy making is not based on evidence based research, the Government of the day and today have effectively ‘shut down’ any debate on the legalisation of ‘soft’ drugs and are trying their best to stifle electronic cigarettes now too. The ready availability of Cannabis in the UK demonstrates that their policy, which is based on prejudice instead of fact, is ineffective and widely ignored. The same will prove true with e-cigarettes too should Government succeed in forcing medical regulation upon them.

E-cigarettes likely to pose little harm in comparison to cigarettes / ECigWizard Vaping Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    It is typical of Government that policy making is not based on evidence based research, the Government of the day and today have effectively ‘shut down’ any debate on the legalisation of ‘soft’ drugs and are trying their best to stifle electronic cigarettes now too. The ready availability of Cannabis in the UK demonstrates that their policy, which is based on prejudice instead of fact, is ineffective and widely ignored. The same will prove true with e-cigarettes too should Government succeed in forcing medical regulation upon them

E-cigarettes likely to pose little harm in comparison to cigarettes / ECigWizard Vaping Lounge
    What really annoys me with all the moralising and banning of what a relatively harmless products, (ecigs), compared to the perfectly legal product tobacco, is that they will make criminals of those who are otherwise law abiding citizens. This is stupid legislation. Just like the ban on selling nic juice in Aus is stupid legislation. Not only is it bad for small business, in an economic climate that should be encouraging small business, (this is where the bulk of jobs come from), but also encouraging the growing of e-commerce, that is set to be a huge part of the global economy.

Like with any stupid legislation people will work around it, vapers will just go under the radar, and the black market, which government will not benefit from at all, will flourish. All so that stupid politicians, and stupid public health officials, can make stupid legislation, for stupid reasons, in order to placate the vocally ignorant. What a world!!!!
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    New study finds no health concerns in e-cig vapor |Z Vaper

sorry for the spam, dunno if y'all have seen this study by drexel uni

fucking A, what an awesome response from a legitimate and reputable group of doctors....IN A POSITION TO CHANGE MANY OPINIONS on ecigs.

i fucking LOVE that article and the ISCD...

ok...maybe i'm exaggerating...but i was starting to get really worried our voices wouldn't get heard and that anti smoking/pharma/fuckwit coalitions were getting the upper hand by sheer numbers and ignorance.

we need more research, SURE, but it MUST be blatantly obvious by now that this HARM REDUCTION TOOL is not even in the same BALLPARK as smoking...they're playing different sports...

i have to admit the only downside i see is the ATTRACTIVE nature of it. so many flavours etc can appear enticing, and luring NEW vapers who were not smokers should NEVER be part of the industry....but the paradox is this is the only way to ensure the industry's survival.

now if they could make it HEALTHY? i.e. provide some essential nutrient or something...vitamin V...i guess that could be a game changer.
    Last edited by Samtron; 30-08-13 at 05:59 PM.
    spud likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.