Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Voice of Stanton Glantz

The Voice of Stanton Glantz

Hmmm - A Breath California podcast

I'm just shaking my head here. This guy just really, really, really does not get e-cigs. It's like some old Cold War warrior who thinks the local bushwalking club is a front for the Communist Party.

http://breathecalifornia.podbean.com...tanton-glantz/
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tally-ho View Post
    Hmmm - A Breath California podcast

I'm just shaking my head here. This guy just really, really, really does not get e-cigs. It's like some old Cold War warrior who thinks the local bushwalking club is a front for the Communist Party.

Breathe California Podcast Series Blog Archive E-Cigarettes :: Featuring Dr. Stanton Glantz
    Wow just Wow, this guy really hates smokers and vapers, I have have found through observing human behaviour that people like Glantz usually have some nasty habits of their own, that they keep well hidden, (not accusing him of anything in particular just making a general observation), and they are always the ones who are most vocal about how other people should live their lives.

Its a bit like the priests that molest children, preaching to the congregation about sin, and hiding their own nasty habits. Or one spouse accusing the other of having an affair, when they are the one playing away.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

It's a strange mindset isn't it? I can understand someone with a background in tobacco controle being wary of e-cigs (they've seen it all before, are waiting for some better studies, don't want to get their hopes up etc). But Glantz KNOWS if it looks like smoking then it must be bad.
    DanGibson and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tally-ho View Post
    It's a strange mindset isn't it? I can understand someone with a background in tobacco controle being wary of e-cigs (they've seen it all before, are waiting for some better studies, don't want to get their hopes up etc). But Glantz KNOWS if it looks like smoking then it must be bad.
    His attitude is simply irrational, which is what leads me to think that there is some other agenda happening with this guy. Is it self hate? Does he hate nicotine addicts because he has an addiction himself, and hates himself for it? His position on ecigs and vaping is not logical, and not rational, but he is in a position of power and control over others, and his views are based on emotion and ideology, that makes him as dangerous as any other fanatic or zealot IMO.
    lheamfrg likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

I listened for only a brief time and had to turn it off!
    Indeed he seems so anti ecig, that it is scary to think that people will listen and judge his views as gospel,
    Makes our Chappy seem almost saintlike.
    spud likes this.

his view is tainted by the greenish hue of american bills, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    his view is tainted by the greenish hue of american bills, in my opinion.
    I don't know about the money thing, people like him aren't always motivated by money, they are motivated by the feeling of superiority, self righteousness, and power over others, that they get when they bully others, (and just like Chapman, this man is likely to be a bully). It makes it harder to counter what they say, because if it was about the money, then that at least would be a rational, (although a corrupt one), position. His motivation, if it was money, would be clear and once exposed, easily dismissed.

When the motivation is not rational, but ideological, and/or, based on emotion, it is much harder to counter. Its like trying to argue with someone who is fanatical about a particular political or religious view. You can't debate what is nonsense in the first place.

He would like to eradicate nicotine as if it were smallpox.
    tally-ho and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Him and chappy should be f buddies. I think they follow each other on twatter. Men should have always been created so they could suck emselves off, would have saved the world a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    He would like to eradicate nicotine as if it were smallpox.
    I did a little digging, which just confirms my suspicions about Glantz.

http://www.scientificintegrityinstit.../SRP061305.pdf

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Once Again, Anti-Smoking Advocate Responds with Personal Attack Rather than Substantive Argument

Glantz is not a medical doctor either, although to listen to him you wouldn't know this. He is a prohibitionist, and prohibitionists are all about control and power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast