Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By JenJ

Thread: Is 'Vaping' Better Than Smoking?

Is 'Vaping' Better Than Smoking?

In the meantime, the industry is aggressively marketing e-cigarettes, including television ads that use popular celebrities to sell them. Enticed by cheaper prices, fruit-flavors and "vaping" movie stars, we are concerned that youth and new smokers will use e-cigarettes as nicotine starter kits that could lead them to smoking traditional cigarettes and a lifetime of nicotine addiction.

Is 'Vaping' Better Than Smoking? | Sheelah A. Feinberg

AVF Regular
    It's hard to imagine a young person going from e-cigarettes to analogues, one tastes yum, the other disgusting. It's hard enough for me to smoke an analogue after vaping for a few months and I was a smoker for 30 years.

In fact just lately there have been a few times when I've thought the whole vaping thing is too much trouble and it makes my mouth sore, but when I think of going back to smoking it doesn't even seem possible cuz they are so gross...which makes me feel sort of trapped with the whole nic addiction.

I do think it's a concern that marketing e-cigs to young people as a glamorous or cool thing is a bad idea. Nicotine addiction, like any addiction, is something I wouldn't recommend at all.

I think e-cigs and vaping should be kept as a smoking cessation device, harm minimisation, only.

AVF Regular
    As usual, it's the big corporations who stuff it up for everyone. It's only since Big Tobacco got involved that some serious concerns and issues start to rear their heads.

Makes me think of coffee, which as we know is addictive. Caffeine in the form of coffee is manageable, but when you get big soft drink manufacturers cashing in on the addictive nature of caffeine by marketing these 'energy drinks' to young people it then becomes a health issue worth worrying about. Those energy drinks not only have way more caffeine than coffee, they also contain obscene amounts of sugar as well as other potentially dodgy chemicals.

I find it astounding that governments leave these big corporations alone while focusing on trying to educate ordinary people about the dangers of what they peddle to the masses. Go directly to the bloody source with the regulations and prohibitions I reckon, instead of waiting till half the world is addicted to their products and then trying to mop up the damage after the fact by instilling fear and guilt in the consumers.
    spud likes this.

joe
    Sheelah feinberg writing for the huffington post.... not credible

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2