Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Old Dog

Thread: Tobacco Cessation & Control

Tobacco Cessation & Control

Increase funding for research on tobacco control, cessation interventions, and the negative health consequences associated with new nicotine delivery devices (like e-cigarettes)

So ASCO only wants to find negative consequences with ecigs.

http://www.asco.org/sites/www.asco.o...nd_control.pdf
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    and tax e-cigs at the same rate as tobacco......

Close tax loopholes that tax cigarette and other tobacco products differently. While cigarette use has
    been declining, use of other tobacco products (cigars,cigarillos, or e-cigarettes) are on the rise.
    Tobacco companies have used the decreased tobacco control funding, tax loopholes and regulatory
    efforts to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyPantz View Post
    and tax e-cigs at the same rate as tobacco......

Close tax loopholes that tax cigarette and other tobacco products differently. While cigarette use has
    been declining, use of other tobacco products (cigars,cigarillos, or e-cigarettes) are on the rise.
    Tobacco companies have used the decreased tobacco control funding, tax loopholes and regulatory
    efforts to their advantage.
    This is why I would like to see PV's called PV's, and not e-cigs, its a free kick to the ignorant. "But it's called a CIGARETTE so it must be a tobacco product, BAN IT NOW". Either ways the name e-cigarette is a bad name for what are not tobacco products, or cigarettes.

Maybe if we as vapers, started referring to our gear as PV's and only PV's, now while they are still relatively uncommon, we can get rid of the tag "e-cig".

This may seem a small thing, but the anti-smoking lobbyists have made the word "cigarette" into a dirty one, and as a vaper I don't want the negative connotations assumed about my PV.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

eGo is not a dirty word
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13