• 5 Post By Old Dog
  • 2 Post By margyb
  • 8 Post By mavinry4
  • 3 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By Fractal
  • 2 Post By kay67kay

Thread: 9 Terribly Disturbing Things About Electronic Cigarettes

9 Terribly Disturbing Things About Electronic Cigarettes

What a quality journal the Huff Post is ............. NOT !

Ramping up the anti-ecig hysteria again, although notice no byline ........... must be scared !

9 Terribly Disturbing Things About Electronic Cigarettes
    mavinry4 and spud like this.

Well, I seem to agree with you here.

These ten arguments are pathetic. In fact, I'd say the authors editor told them to come up with ten as it looks like they really struggled on three points.

Still, the article means very little and their speculation alone is not enough to effect us here in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Still, the article means very little and their speculation alone is not enough to effect us here in Australia.
    Far better to await a fait accompli .....

If I reacted to every bit of speculation, I'd not vaccinate, I'd believe the american government wilfully killed 2000 of their own on 911, martyn bryant didn't kill anyone in port arthur, man didn't land on the moon, mosquitos spread aids, julia gillard is a reptilian alien, combustion fireplaces cause cancer, the illuminati run the earth, the greys run the earth, big pharma run the earth, big tobacco run the earth, big food run the earth, big foil run the earth...

I don't have that much energy.

AVF Regular
    That sort of stuff just makes me mad!!!
    mavinry4 and spud like this.

Lets go through them one by one and refute them.

A 2009 FDA analysis of e-cigarettes from two leading brands found that the samples contained carcinogens and other hazardous chemicals, including diethylene glycol, which is found in antifreeze
    What a load of shit. Read this: Diethylene Glycol in Electronic Cigarettes: What They Never Told You!

Last year, a report from Greek researchers found that using e-cigarettes increased breathing difficulty in both smokers and non-smokers, according to Medical News Today.
    What a load of shit. Read this: Lies, Damned Lies, and ‘Science’ by Press Release: Mail Online reports “Electronic cigarettes ‘could damage your lungs’ as they cause less oxygen to be absorbed by the blood” | ECITA Blog

e-cigarettes can be sold to minors in many places throughout the country.
    How misleading and what a load of shit. Read this: The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Sacrificing Children's Health for Politics: American Cancer Society Sinks to a New Low. See this picture also : http://i.imgur.com/aNgzIlx.jpg

While cigarette companies say they don't market to kids, e-cigarettes come in flavors like cherry, strawberry, vanilla and cookies and cream milkshake.
    How fucking misleading and rediculous. Refute best describe here: http://i.imgur.com/UoG9tGX.jpg

Laws regulating cigarette ads don't yet apply to e-cigarettes....Industry advertising spending increased to $20.8 million in 2012 from just $2.7 million in 2010, according to The New York Times.
    So fucking what? This is a good thing. We should all be working to persuade smokers to switch. If it means using old tobacco marketing methods, then so fucking be it.

Even though some studies suggest that secondhand vapor poses health risks, many lawmakers have yet to determine whether smoking rules apply to e-cigarettes.
    What a load of shit: Read this : The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: New Study of Electronic Cigarette Vapor Confirms that E-Cigs are Much Safer than Regular Cigarettes

E-cigarettes aren't taxed like traditional tobacco products. Even though cigarette consumption fell significantly as taxes went up.
    What a load of shit. That decrease in cigarette consumption was partly attributed to e-cigs. Read this : Big Tobacco is About to Dive Into E-Cigarettes - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

Despite unknown health consequences, e-cigarettes are poised to make inroads with a new generation of young people.
    That's an opinion. Not a fact. And I have my opinions too. One of them being that the Huffington Post is best suited for being printed on toilet paper and used to wipe may ass with.
    margyb, Old Dog, lozza 82 and 5 others like this.

If I reacted to every bit of speculation, I'd not vaccinate, I'd believe the american government wilfully killed 2000 of their own on 911, martyn bryant didn't kill anyone in port arthur, man didn't land on the moon, mosquitos spread aids, julia gillard is a reptilian alien, combustion fireplaces cause cancer, the illuminati run the earth, the greys run the earth, big pharma run the earth, big tobacco run the earth, big food run the earth, big foil run the earth...

I don't have that much energy.
    I dont know what you're on about, but I'm about free choice, and I've got plenty of energy !

AVF Regular
    ... julia gillard is a reptilian alien...
    To be fair, I can see how one could make that connection .
    SUCKITIN likes this.

AVF Regular
    what I find "terribly disturbing" is the fact that tripe like this is actually published and touted as "news"
    SUCKITIN and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Then they do 12 things big tobacco don't want you to know... One guess which is worse...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3818941

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"