Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

E-cigarette consumer association of Australia

Hey Oz,

Has anybody tried to establish a consumer group for Aussie vapers?

I'm asking this for two reasons:

1. If you don't have a unified voice you will get shafted by national and regional government, they will be listening to the pharma industry and the antis instead.

2. There are a number of other countries with consumer groups now and we want to look at starting a world e-cigarette consumer association.

The only way we can fight the corruption at government and international level (such as at the W.H.O.) is by standing together and making ourselves heard.

Take a look at a couple of existing groups to see what you can set up online. CASAA, the US consumer voice, has had the most success - they have stopped several state and city bans.

CASAA.org

ECCAUK.org

STELDA.nl

Come on guys, get it together.

Sik
    Hi Rolygate, cheers for dropping by

The short answer to your question is no, we dont have an official consumer group.

The current status of all things nicotine related in Oz is loopholes and grey areas. Basically our authorities classify nicotine as a poison, so local retail is prohibited, however we can import nicotine from overseas for personal use. There are absolutely no restrictions on PV Hardware or 0 nic Juice.

We do have a an advocate of sorts, who is campaigning on our behalf and doing a lot of legwork in attempting to get nicotine in ejuice properly classified under our poisons code @ www.Smokescreen.info
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    All we have is Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

The main difference between the situation in Australia and the situations in UK/USA is that we have such a tiny population by comparison. This has always been both a blessing and curse. A blessing because there is more elbow room.. but a curse in terms of global market share and competition.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

lol,Slothy .. you may have to spell it out, bit slow this lot.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

tas
    Slothy...king, or is it queen, of the acronyms :-)...lol

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    lol,Slothy .. you may have to spell it out, bit slow this lot.
    I reckon a T-shirt may be in order!
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

maybe ya gotta be a chick, 'cause it popped riiiight out at me!

@ Rolygate;

In principle... I think it's a great idea.
    In practice? On one hand simple, on the other not so.
    e.g.
    What are peeps goals/wishes/wants?
    How would they choose to go about achieving them?
    and
    Time. (limited popn = fewer vapers = even fewer either willing or able to put in the time)

Seems like until fairly recently people have been willing to basically 'fly under the radar' because it worked - and because there was neither a great need, nor the evidence, to do otherwise.

I'm more than happy to continue the efforts I've already started but like everybody else it comes down to time. It's kind of fortunate that I'm looking after my 3 week old daughter as it lets me work odd hours

I'd love to turn the AUSSIE ASH campaign into a proper organisation (get the .org, non-profit status, etc) once we've got enough people on board to justify it. If memory serves it requires 3 board members, bi-annual meetings, dedicated bank account and "financial control" (one of the board members).

At this stage we have 18 contributors and 2 vendors who are happy to let their customer know about the campaign via their email lists. I just need to write up a few paragraphs of what they will send out.

There is some more information here: http://www.abc.net.au/catapult/askexpert/s1307569.htm
    and here: http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/manag...articleid=2097
    Last edited by soundasleep; 04-08-11 at 05:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast