Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Kids are trying ecigs. Everybody panic !

Kids are trying ecigs. Everybody panic !

"The increased use of e-cigarettes by teens is deeply troubling....Nicotine is a highly addictive drug. Many teens who start with e-cigarettes may be condemned to struggling with a lifelong addiction to nicotine and conventional cigarettes."

Kids Are Trying E-Cigarettes. Everybody Panic! - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Democratic Senators Pounce on E-Cigarettes After CDC Study Shows Teen Use Spike.

Five Democratic U.S. senators condemned tobacco-free electronic cigarettes as a gateway to cancer-causing tobacco ones, and promised to do something about it Thursday after the release of a government study showing a sharp uptick in the percentage of teens who tried one of the vapor-producing devices in 2012.

Democratic Senators Pounce on E-Cigarettes After CDC Study Shows Teen Use Spike - US News and World Report
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

E-cigarette use more than doubles among U.S. middle and high school students from 2011-2012.

"The increased use of e-cigarettes by teens is deeply troubling," said CDC Director Tom Frieden, M.D., M.P.H. "Nicotine is a highly addictive drug. Many teens who start with e-cigarettes may be condemned to struggling with a lifelong addiction to nicotine and conventional cigarettes."

CDC Online Newsroom | Press Release | E-cigarette use more than doubles among U.S. middle and high school students from 2011-2012

CDC releases misleading numbers on smokeless-tobacco use in youth.

With e-cigarettes increasingly helping addicted smokers kick the habit of smoking conventional cigarettes, it would be utterly wrong to allow experimentation by youth to cloud the judgement of policy makers and public health officials about the great health benefits experienced by those in genuine need of smoke-free, nicotine-delivery products.

CDC releases misleading numbers on smokeless-tobacco use in youth | American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)

Lets all remember that is was the people who are against ecigs that blocked the legalisation to ban sales to minors : American Cancer Society uses Children as Pawns in Cynical Political Game

Yes, thats right. Those against ecigs WANT children to use ecigs, so that when there's an increase in ecig use by children, they can use it as an excuse to ban all ecigs.

Also, as said in this BBC article ; BBC News - E-cigarettes: Is a smoking alternative being choked by regulation?

"If those young people are people who would have smoked but instead they're using e-cigarettes, then that's a huge public health gain.

If they're people who would never have smoked but they've taken up e-cigarettes, frankly in public health terms it's not really an issue - it's like drinking coffee or something, there's no real risk associated with it.

"The real risk is if they start using e-cigarettes and this acts as a gateway into smoking. Now which of those things happens none of us knows at the moment."
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    maybe they should ban any new alcoholic beverages from entering the market. after all, how do we know it's not some fancy schmancy new booze flavour that is fuelling the ever rising binge drinking in young people? the hysteria grows ever more ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    maybe they should ban any new alcoholic beverages from entering the market. after all, how do we know it's not some fancy schmancy new booze flavour that is fuelling the ever rising binge drinking in young people? the hysteria grows ever more ludicrous.
    So right Kay. Every time I see the "fruity and sweet flavours of ecigs will lure children to smoking" I think of all those alco-pop drinks. Yes children might try ecigs - but they will try alcohol too. And dope. And whatever else they can get hold of. They will have sex too, and drive crazy, stay up late, and listen to loud music. I know I did!
    GirlyPantz, margyb, eteach and 4 others like this.

Video about a teenager who vapes. I thought he put up a pretty good argument.

Number of teens trying e-cigarettes doubles - Video on NBCNews.com
    GirlyPantz and tugboatofdeath like this.

AVF Regular
    I keep seeing the number of kids who tried ecigs is 1 in 10 in 2012. I haven't seen any numbers of how many kids tried analogues. if I had a child and they were going to try something, i'd much prefer it be ecigs than the cancer sticks. and in all probability, the kids who try ecigs are the same kids who tried, or would have tired, traditional cigarettes anyway. more storms in a tea cup.
    spud likes this.

if they care so much about the health of our teens and the next generation why do they still allow them to buy cigarettes when they turn 18 as if this is ok then. If they cared so much about these teens they should look at steps for a clean slate with the next generation.
    its such a ridiculous agenda that something that can help that cause is completely frowned upon by people in high places with deep pockets.
    GirlyPantz, spurius and Samtron like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast