Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Electronic cigarette maker partners with Celtic

Electronic cigarette maker partners with Celtic

CELTIC have announced a partnership with e-cigarrette maker E-Lites which will see the green-tipped devices go on sale during matches.

The deal, which will run until 2016, will see vending stations within Celtic Park stock E-Lites electronic cigarettes and e-cigars on match days.

Trevor Field, Sales & Marketing Director from E-Lites said: “E-Lites are delighted to become an Official Partner of Celtic Football Club. Celtic have a proud history with a tremendous global fan base that marks it out as one of the biggest clubs in the world .We are proud to be able to offer Celtic supporters the opportunity to enjoy an alternative to smoking whilst watching the match”.

Electronic cigarette maker partners with Celtic - Health - The Scotsman

And the usual nonsensical twaddle from the ANTZ .............

Celtic under fire for agreeing deal on electronic cigarettes.

While tobacco smoking has long been banned within Celtic Park, the deal with E-lites will allow pure nicotine to be legally consumed in the stands.
    Stewart Maxwell, MSP for West of Scotland, said: "I am very disappointed an extremely big and successful football club such as Celtic would get involved with this type of sponsorship deal.

"The whole campaign to ban smoking in public places was about de-normalising smoking as an activity in public. This (deal) goes exactly in the opposite direction.
    "It sends out entirely the wrong message to young people."

Mr Maxwell said: "The firms producing e-cigarettes often say they are offering a harm reduction product by helping people get off tobacco, as if they are being helpful. That is just not the case."

Celtic under fire for agreeing deal on electronic cigarettes | Herald Scotland
    spud likes this.

The best counterargument to the denormalisation issue is ;

The normalisation of electronic cigarettes is the denormalisation of tobacco smoking
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    The best counterargument to the denormalisation issue is ;

The normalisation of electronic cigarettes is the denormalisation of tobacco smoking

mavinry4 and spud like this.

Not a bad counterargument also. I like this one also :

jen and spud like this.

Super Moderator
    Some people just care far too much about things that they should not concern themselves with.
    spud and joe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    Some people just care far too much about things that they should not concern themselves with.
    I'd personally love to see the denormalisation of VOCAL f*cking IGNORANCE, but I wont be holding my breath for that to happen.
    Toddosh, Samtron and avtek like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    I'd personally love to see the denormalisation of VOCAL f*cking IGNORANCE, but I wont be holding my breath for that to happen.
    I'm still hoping for world peace too, but I think this is as close as we'll get ......

This bloke's worked it out though .......

spud likes this.

What frustrates me most is when people deliberately or ignorantly misconstrue the risk of adverse population health effect, with the risk of adverse individual health effects, if any.

Picture taken from BMJ Group blogs: TC News and Views Online » Blog Archive » Tobacco harm reduction and e-cigarettes: setting a unified research agenda
    Last edited by mavinry4; 08-09-13 at 08:49 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post

Mr Maxwell said: "The firms producing e-cigarettes often say they are offering a harm reduction product by helping people get off tobacco, as if they are being helpful. That is just not the case."
    well, geez, I must be totally missing the point then. i'd like to ask mr Maxwell what exactly is the case

GRRRRRRRR.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast