Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Call for common sense in battle over ‘smoking’ substitute

Call for common sense in battle over ‘smoking’ substitute

Since pinning her colours to the flag and supporting the proposals, McAvan’s parliamentary office has been bombarded with correspondence critical of her stance and the decision to the delay the vote has been welcomed by campaign groups which had warned the EU it was in danger of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

“I acknowledge that to a puritan, the e-cigarette may be a less satisfactory solution than widespread self-denial. But I think we should be pragmatic. With a safer delivery device, nicotine is a relatively harmless pleasure – certainly nobody I know every started a fight or crashed a car under its influence.”

Call for common sense in battle over

AVF Regular
    “All the proper procedures for the vote had been respected and the timetable had been in place since January so the move is disappointing,” said McAvan. “We must now make sure that the vote goes ahead and that there are no more delay tactics.

“Around 570 children between the ages of 11 and 15 start smoking every day in the UK and we cannot justify a delay in acting on this. In Yorkshire alone, 13,710 children are regular smokers and the devastating reality is that around half of regular smokers will die from a smoking related disease.”
    does she not realise this is as good an argument as any for e-cigs as against?
    GirlyPantz likes this.