Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: E-cigarettes -- let's make them available by prescription only

E-cigarettes -- let's make them available by prescription only

So what is the answer? In my opinion, e-cigarettes should be prescription-only until they can be properly regulated the way that nicotine patches and gum were. A burgeoning $1.7 billion industry stands in the way of this restriction, but it is the only decision that makes medical sense.

Read more: E-cigarettes -- let's make them available by prescription only | Fox News

AVF Regular
    Oh dear god no.....
    bethydy and spud like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    In my opinion, e-cigarettes should be prescription-only until they can be properly regulated
    <grumpy>
    Opinions are like #ssholes - everyone has one and they all stink. In that spirit, in my opinion, he should stick his head in a bucket of piss.
    </grumpy>

AVF Regular
    Ffs noooooooooooo
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    The media do sensationalise crap without doing research
    Just makes me angry
    Cath Mort and spud like this.

I mentioned the other day that these kinds of studies that test the effectiveness of smoking cessation with ecigs are not something that we should get too excited about. This is an example why. They put the product firmly within the medical/scientific paradigm.

Notice how this study demonstrates to certain people within public health that ecigs work as a cessation device. Why? Because apparently they work as well as patches and gum.

So a product that is shown to fail in over 90% of cases is now considered to work? Why? Because in has been placed and tested within a clinical trial that shows it to be as useless as the other medical approved methods.

So despite the mountain of evidence outside of clinical trials that clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of ecigs, only when it is placed within a clinical trial showing it to be about as useless as all the other useless approved products is it considered as evidence that it works.

Public health will ruin the effectiveness of e-cigarettes. One only has observe what they consider to be evidence of its "success" to understand this.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    no no no.
    i am not sick, i shouldn't have to go to the doctor to allow me to use nicotine in a safer way, just in the same way i shouldn't have to go see the doctor if i want some caffine.
    Samtron and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Do smokers need to see doctor for nicotine cigarette? ffs
    Last edited by Hoey; 13-09-13 at 03:22 PM.
    Samtron and spud like this.
    I refuse to subsidize an economy that largely benefits the Chinese Commie Party and the so called People's Liberation Army, its relatives and friends. More like an oriental Mafia than a political party.

Karl Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoey View Post
    Do smokers need to see doctor for nicotine cigarette? ffs
    This may indeed be the plan. If they can force people to have to get a prescription for nicotine, they will be able to try and force smokers to get a prescription for cigarettes, similar to Chapman's "get a smoking licence" plan. Perhaps they feel that because smokers have been so compliant to all their restrictions, that vapers will just lay down and take it, regardless of the fact that vaping is so much safer for everyone than smoking tobacco. As usual its less about people's health and more about totalitarian control and money grabbing.
    Hoey likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Leave us alone! What a load of crap in logic! You don't need prescription to smoke but you need prescription to vape!?
    spud likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast