Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 1 Post By tugboatofdeath

Thread: Misbehave responsibly with e-cigarettes

Misbehave responsibly with e-cigarettes

Reality deflection

A spokesperson for the Food and Drug Administration, which wants to regulate e-cigarettes, said, "We don't want the public to perceive them as a safer alternative to cigarettes" a puzzling statement considering that is precisely what they are.

Anti-smoking absolutists oppose e-cigarettes for the worst of reasons because they are safer. Their obstinacy makes their mission all the more difficult to achieve and to justify. It is hard to demonize something that means you little or no harm. That's why no one talks about banning vitamin C or invading Switzerland.

Misbehave responsibly with e-cigarettes: Column

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    Reality deflection

A spokesperson for the Food and Drug Administration, which wants to regulate e-cigarettes, said, "We don't want the public to perceive them as a safer alternative to cigarettes" — a puzzling statement considering that is precisely what they are.

Anti-smoking absolutists oppose e-cigarettes for the worst of reasons — because they are safer. Their obstinacy makes their mission all the more difficult to achieve and to justify. It is hard to demonize something that means you little or no harm. That's why no one talks about banning vitamin C or invading Switzerland.

Misbehave responsibly with e-cigarettes: Column
    Missed this one, great article.
    Old Dog likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Saw this...it all really smells of desperation on the part of ANTZ, look how they jumped on the supposed highschoolers take-up story
    spud likes this.

As Phil Busardo says, everytime I read about ecig politics I get a red dot on my forehead because I'm banging my head into the table.

It doesn't help when you're getting infomation like this from the World Harm Organisation .......

‘Tobacco companies are targeting youth and women by adding the notion of glamour, luxury and freedom to the e-cigarette. Countries must frame regulatory guidelines to advise consumers not to use it,’ she said.

Need guidelines on e-cigarette: WHO | Health News | Health Research | Diet & Weight Loss Tips| Health Products | Medicines & Drugs | Health.India.com