Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: nicotine is a drug - oh yes it is

nicotine is a drug - oh yes it is

Hi there all….
    Nice to see some enthusiastic and impassioned responses to my comments! Ill get to those, but first..
    A huge thankyou to fifthflo for effectively saving my life… I have never been able to give up before… Im already starting to notice the diff and yes, smokers STINK!!!!
    Thus far, I have saved $300 in 3 weeks, am 21 days without analogue and I haven’t smoked over 450 cancer sticks. Not having to worry about dying of lung cancer, emphysema and the like is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Old dog, I absolutely reject the proposition that nicotine isn’t a drug. The eligibility criteria for a substance to be called a drug is the presence of addictive properties… the intended purpose of the substance is largely arbitrary and definitely moot.
    If what u say is true.. and that nicotine is not a drug because it is used for recreational as opposed to medicinal purposes, then the same can be said for a number of other substances. To illustrate;
    1. Ecstasy was originally used in the early 1900’s in couple’s therapy, as it was thought to enhance empathy and thus aid communication. Fast forward to the rave era of the late 1980s and early 1990’s….. ecstasy became associated with all night raves. It hasn’t been used in therapy for almost a hundred years… it is a recreational drug. But it is still a drug.
    2. Similarly, take amphetamines… benzadrine was dispensed to soldiers in World War II… over 50 milllion tablets were given to soldiers on both sides of the battle. Dexamphetamine is used to treat ADHD. Speed is used for both medicinal and recreational purposes. But it is still a drug
    3. Morphine is another example… used for pain relief and abused on the street.
    I could go on but Im sure u get my point . Old dog – I feel many of your opinions are based on ignorance… if u want to believe nicotine isn’t a drug, and not addictive, then it should be safe for children. Do u think that if kids use nicotine ‘recreationally’, it ceases to be a drug? If it’s safe then it should be safe for children . But nobody in their right mind would give a child a cigarette. Case in point.
    Secondly, I am willing to back down (slightly) from my contention that nicotine is THE MOST addictive drug known to man..if only to avoid polarising the debate. It is ONE OF THE MOST addictive drugs known to man. Up there with heroin, no doubt ice and benzodiazapines… evidence to support this can be found on the Australian drug information network Alcohol Services | Drug Services - Alcohol and drug search directory | ADIN and a wealth of other reputable websites. At the risk of sounding like I know it all (I don’t know it all but I do know a fair bit), I did study drug addiction at uni and we were told nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Unless the uni professors were wrong. But I doubt it
    I do not want to argue the obvious – nicotine is highly addictive . As ex smokers, this should be readily apparent to all. The sky is blue, the sun is hot. The earth is round and nicotine is extremely addictive.
    More from me in a few days….Im at uni and that takes up a great deal of my time, but I will try and check back once a week. If anybody has any qns about legislation, I study criminology and know a bit about legislation (state and commonwealth). Questions and comments are welcome.
    Ciao , onmysoapbox
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by onmysoapbox View Post
    ...I will try and check back once a week....
    Only come back once a week hey?

DIE THREAD DIE!

Why bother starting a new thread if you couldn't be bothered responding to anything in the near future?
    There was another thread that you could have continued on using, rather than need a special snowflake thread of your own, a thread that will waste every body else's time but your precious own it seems.
    Noe, Old Dog, mavinry4 and 5 others like this.

I needed a prescription for these. Because they're addictive.

tally-ho, pgscott, Olfella and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Only come back once a week hey?

DIE THREAD DIE!

Why bother starting a thread it you couldn't be bothered responding to anything?
    There was another thread that you could have used rather than need a special snowflake thread that wastes every bodies time but your precious own.
    lol, thanks Coopz, my thoughts exactly. Seems to be a case of severely missing the point as well. My view is so what if nicotine is a drug or simply a plant derivative, or even if its addictive. Its not nicotine that is the problem with smoking, its the delivery system.
    TheDishD likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Now thats some addiction, I really am ROTFLMAO.
    TheDishD likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by onmysoapbox View Post
    Old dog, I absolutely reject the proposition that nicotine isn’t a drug.
    I think I've been verballed ..... can you provide a link to where I have proposed that nicotine isn't a drug ?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I think I've been verballed
    I'm about to be gerbilled.
    Noe, Old Dog, Quom and 5 others like this.

what the hell are they

TheDishD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsfallen View Post
    what the hell are they
    I think you mean to ask, "who are they?"
    Gresh11, TheDishD and Cumulonimbus like this.

Reminds me of the old days. Lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast