Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Australia to ban smoking and allow ecigs? SMH

AVF Regular

Australia to ban smoking and allow ecigs? SMH

Well blow me down with a feather!

Ban considered as trial tests if vapour safer

pretty well balanced article, states it how it is

Retired Account
    Do you think there's any truth in the claim that the government is considering a total ban on smoking because of vaping?
    GirlyPantz and SUCKITIN like this.

AVF Regular
    Only if there is a dollar in it for them to much tax revenue too loose from the stinkies atm

AVF Regular
    I just read this article too.

While I hope the studies prove vaping is safe and a great harm reducer (and amazingly awesome), I have reservations on banning smoking. It's taking away people's liberties too much! We all know how bad smoking is for us, but people have the right to choose. Can we ban alcohol and cars too?

AVF Regular
    More here:

SMH - Article
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

In fairness it would be very interesting to see how Australian cancer, emphysema, heart and lung diseases and general health varies in relation to other western nations if this ban were introduced. My country are going the other way entirely since they are securely in the pockets of big tobacco on one hand and the pharmaceuticals have an Iron grip on things on the other. Just three days after meeting with the tobacco companies our health minister announced that anything that stops smoking is a medicine and needs regulation. Nice to see before she departed Gillard managed not to play ball with those monsters.

Not too familiar with Aussie politics so I won't / can't get into that... but as an Irish e-liquid manufacturer I'll be keeping a pretty close eye on developments. If only EU politicians weren't so bloody stupid.

The article however is biased ion that the french article quoted compared one single user (from a population of million of smokers) to one other single vaper (again from a population of millions) and declared that one users heart rate increased after vaping and the others did not... hence based on this sample of two individuals worldwide e-cigarettes were unsafe... any smaller a sample and there would be no sample... the funny thing about that is the article written by a journalist with no scientific training get s publicity and credence... but the actual research it is taken from and bastardized for a news story gets none...
    Last edited by StopSmoke; 15-09-13 at 10:33 AM.
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog, spud and 1 others like this.

Well they quote the french article examining e-cigarettes... which was in fact biased and the scientist who undertook it called the out on it. As it turns out the french consumer magazine based their report on selecting one vaper and one smoker (not exactly a representative sample) and then measured their heart rate after several puffs of either cigarette or e-cig. We don't know what was in the cigarette or e-cig or what brand / model they were or anything... nothing is known except the smokers heart rate was lower than the vapers after this one ad-hoc test. Rather oddly this magazine article got more press than the hundreds of studies which scientifically demonstrated the opposite!

see http://www.ecigarette-research.com/w...-consommateurs for why this magazine were just acting the ****!

The article above by the OP also seems to be of the opinion that no science has been done on this and my website has lots of them... and I'm about a month away from posting another few thousand of these seemingly invisible scientific trails, studies and papers that the media seem to think don't exist.

There was no examination of chemicals in that they couldn't be bothered and used someone elses research and tore out the bad bits only... so balanced... sorry its not balanced... its a news article that should be your first clue.
    Last edited by StopSmoke; 15-09-13 at 10:45 AM.
    GirlyPantz, spud and Browny like this.

So you got some hate for the author or should I ask who you are a shill for?

Joined today and your only action is to dump on this article in this thread.

If you're tying to discredit someone or something you need some credibility first, as it stands you have none. Please leave.

Retired Account
    Kamakakazzie.. did you get out the wrong side of the bed?
    StopSmoke is criticising the SMH article's use of the report in a french magazine about some french research - which even the researcher is critical of the reporting of!

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/w...consommateurs3
    Last edited by mrsgruffy; 15-09-13 at 11:17 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast