Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: E-Cigarettes Are Safe, Why Doesn’t This Matter?

E-Cigarettes Are Safe, Why Doesn’t This Matter?

Wonderful words of wisdom here ......... It's like he's reading my mind.

If you’ve been paying attention to the number of anti-vaping media stories (The Spinfuel News Blog) have increased ten-fold in the past three or four months alone. With the FDA regulations quickly approaching it seems like the best analogy for what’s happening right now is what happens in the last week before a national election for the Presidency. All the money and all the people on both sides make one last push to get their message out. That is what it feels like today. Decisions will come soon, and it’s time for all of us to be on the record, diplomatically or not.

While you read this, keep in mind that I have already admitted to being politically incorrect, and I am seriously concerned that these are scary times and while e-cigarettes may be our epicenter, but it is far more reaching than that.

In the end, this is about more than e-cigarettes, this is about freedom, it’s about our rights, and it’s about standing back from the edge of the cliff. A line must be drawn before it’s too late. We must turn back the clock on society, back to the time before radicals decided that things must be run their way. If we don’t, vaping will be the least of our worries.

Yes, support vaping. Vape everywhere you can. But, while you’re at it, remember that vaping is only a part of this new mindset sweeping the planet. There are bigger implications, and by defeating the anti-vaping crowd we make a stand against all the other invasions into our private lives.

E-Cigarettes Are Safe, Why Doesn
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 17-09-13 at 01:00 PM.

Old Dog,

Small request with your posts mate.

Could you place quotes in quotation marks so I can differentiate between your opinion, and what you are quoting.

It would help prevent me from misunderstanding you in the future as I have done in the past many times.

Thanks in advance,
    Caff.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Old Dog,

Small request with your posts mate.

Could you place quotes in quotation marks so I can differentiate between your opinion, and what you are quoting.

It would help prevent me from misunderstanding you in the future as I have done in the past many times.

Thanks in advance,
    Caff.
    Why don't you just read the article ?

Hi Old Dog,

Sorry if my request has caused any misunderstanding. Sure, I could read the article, but I don't have time to read the 100+ articles you post a day. If I could review your post and get an idea of the content of the article, and your opinion on it, I'd have a better idea as to whether it would be an interesting and pertinent topic for me.

Again, I offered my apology to you last night and you rejected it. Fair enough to. I am, however, making an effort now and see the pointlessness of attacking each other.

I would never dream of 'telling' you what to do, so of course, friend, you only do what you want to.

Caff.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Again, I offered my apology to you last night and you rejected it. Fair enough to. I am, however, making an effort now and see the pointlessness of attacking each other.
    I don't quite understand what it is that you're apologising for, but I neither accepted nor rejected it.

I stated to you that this is an open forum where comments are supposed to be for public consumption, and not to PM me.
    Caffeind likes this.

I agree with Caff and thought the exact same thing when I had a look at this link.

It's usually a common enough thing to put quotes from someone/somewhere else in a different colour, font or quote marks.

I too, was reading the full post, then clicking on the link to re-read what I have just read on here. It does get confusing and annoying.
    Caffeind likes this.

There ya go ................. everybody happy now ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    There ya go ................. everybody happy now ?
    Nope. Needs more cowbell.
    Old Dog and deboraht like this.

So you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Cheers OD..it does make it easier to read your posts, which I enjoy doing
    Old Dog and Caffeind like this.

I agree with most of the article, but I have a real problem with this idea that health care providers, particularly if they are part of the taxpayer funded healthcare system, like medicare, being encouraged to refuse to treat smokers. This is probably the most worrying issue that I find about the whole anti-smoking position. I've heard anti-smokers justify this position on the grounds that smokers are knowingly causing themselves potential health problems, but I see this as no different to people who knowingly risk their lives and health everyday by engaging in other risky activities, but somehow this justification is seen as acceptable.

How acceptable would it be to refuse healthcare to people who engage in sport? or those that drive a car? (statistically very risky), or those that are overweight or obese? or those that drink a little too much, or even just drink alcohol?, those who engage in unprotected sexual activity? where does it end? Will they include vaping if the antz get their way?

I think this is a fundamental issue in our society, do we accept that people are human beings with their differences, and opt to encourage a healthier lifestyle, or do we go down the road of punishing people for their failure to conform to the vocal ignorance of a small minority with the power to force their views on others?
    margyb, Old Dog, Toddosh and 4 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast