Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Potential print media interview. Q & A.

AVF Regular

Potential print media interview. Q & A.

If you were invited to participate in a print media interview and were presented with a sample of questions how would you answer them? If you wanted to present answers that were representative of your community where would you go looking for that community opinion?

Some sample questions below;

Delicious Monsta !!
    GirlyPantz and Old Dog like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    This is in the DM thread because its about VENDORS not vapers.
    alegria likes this.

Pissant community member with an opinion:

Quick TAFE course on nicotine handling/ storage and testing would do the trick. What makes "vendors" the ones qualified to handle nicotine? Once qualified, a person should be able to do what they want in terms of buying quantities for personal use. Concentrations limited possibly to bases of 100mg/ml that most of us use at the moment where an accidental spill is not likely to be fatal ...

Bugger "vendors this" and "vendors that". We have been self-regulating very well for years thanks very much.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, ckane and 3 others like this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

AVF Regular

Potential print media interview. Q & A.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs308hjute View Post
    This is in the DM thread because its about VENDORS not vapers.
    Wouldn't that just mean VENDOR not Vendors?

If its that case that its about vendors it should be networked between several of them not just 1 very new unestablished vendor.
    Last edited by Tash; 17-09-13 at 08:46 PM.
    Noe, ckane and Old Dog like this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    Pissant community member with an opinion:

Quick TAFE course on nicotine handling/ storage and testing would do the trick. What makes "vendors" the ones qualified to handle nicotine? Once qualified, a person should be able to do what they want in terms of buying quantities for personal use. Concentrations limited possibly to bases of 100mg/ml that most of us use at the moment where an accidental spill is not likely to be fatal ...

Bugger "vendors this" and "vendors that". We have been self-regulating very well for years thanks very much.
    Wouldn't even need the TAFE course, using 36mg unflavoured nic, or below doesn't require a course, just a basic level of maths. If people can't figure out how to use a doubler, or tripler, or even a concentrate at 5%, then maybe they should stick to pre-mixed juices, that should be readily available in Australia, if our government wasn't so stupid that it can't see the potential health benefits of selling nic juice over here, as well as the potential financial benefits.

A warning of how to handle nic juice should be on the label, same as any substance that is known to be dangerous, and should be kept out of reach of children.

Alcohol is also a poison, and its sold to adults without any safety warnings.
    Noe, smithpack0 and Cumulonimbus like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

But I want to teach the courses . . .
    spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

Im not 100% up to date with the rules regarding avf approved vendors and if they r only allowed to post within their vendor section or not. I have seen vendors post outside of their vendor section when it has been to help other members out and help contribute to a discussion. I dnt see anything wrong with it but again not sure if really allowed. Then we see vendors who post outside of their threads when it suits them and other times say they cant post outside of their own section.
    Something as important as an interview to be done with a set of questions that has asked for community feedback, in my opinion should b posted in the political and media section. Maybe Alegria u can give us some more info regarding this interview. Is it solely based around ur business or will u be speaking on behalf of all aussie vaping vendors? Or r u speaking as a personal vaper?
    Last edited by lozza 82; 18-09-13 at 01:57 AM.
    margyb and alegria like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    Im not 100% up to date with the rules regarding avf approved vendors and if they r only allowed to post outside their vendor section or not. I have seen vendors post outside of their vendor section when it has been to help other members out and help contribute to a discussion. I dnt see anything wrong with it but again not sure if really allowed. Then we see vendors who post outside of their threads when it suits them and other times say they cant post outside of their own section.
    Something as important as an interview to be done with a set of questions that has asked for community feedback, in my opinion should b posted in the political and media section. Maybe Alegria u can give us some more info regarding this interview. Is it solely based around ur business or will u be speaking on behalf of all aussie vaping vendors? Or r u speaking as a personal vaper?
    My website came to the attention of the media. I was invited to speak for DM. There are some questions which only concern the business directly but as the question I disclosed in my thread and the answers I provide could potentially have an impact on many of us I thought I give people the opportunity to share their thoughts with me before I make a judgement call as to how to answer them.

After yesterdays conduct in another thread I was not willing to post in the general forum where this conversation might have gotten out of control. I do not want to expose myself to any further direct and often personal attacks. Please respect my choice to not have this discussion in the open forum and use the opportunity - if you chose to participate - to communicate your thoughts to me on how these question should be answered.

I did not want to take the opportunity away from the community overall just because some peoples attire towards me is aggressive and they are unable to have a constructive conversation with me.

Yes - some of you might think other vendors might be more suitable to attend this interview but remember - I was asked to represent DM and not the community and this forum has nothing to do with them getting in touch with me.
    Last edited by alegria; 17-09-13 at 09:14 PM.
    GirlyPantz, lozza 82 and porkchop like this.

And here it goes again.

FFS guys. Keep it on topic or report the post and ask the mod if this is acceptable. If it's not they'll take care of it. The end.
    gregds and 308hjute like this.

can I ask why DM was contacted and not the other vendors, it seems strange,???

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast