• 11 Post By GirlyPantz
  • 1 Post By GirlyPantz
  • 1 Post By GirlyPantz
  • 2 Post By Yasmin
  • 1 Post By GirlyPantz

Thread: Media Discussion

AVF Regular

Media Discussion

This business of bombing media threads needs to stop. The media section of the forum is not your personal shooting range where you get to shoot anything that moves. It is a place where we can gather to formulate, refine and catalogue responses for current and future media events. The intent of the section is to not only provide you with links to news articles but to also provide a resource you can draw on if you find yourself dealing with the media or policy makers.

There is going to be an increase in media attention as the vaping community grows and it will have an effect on the policy makers and on public opinion. Many if not all of our adversaries are well skilled at dealing with the press in order to get their message and the outcome that they desire across to the general public in a fashion that seems logical and makes their proposals for legislation seem like the prudent course of action to take.

While we may not have the prowess of our opponents as individuals we do have it as a group and we need to work toward supporting each other's efforts if we are to get the outcome that the vaping community in Australia desires.

Please do not use these threads purely for the sake of attacking people or vendors. If you are not actively contributing to the topic you are detracting from it and are therefore hindering progress to assist people to formulate responses that reflect their view and the communities view.

To raise a child it takes a village
    Vaping is still a fledgling industry in Australia
    To get what suits the majority of vapers here is going to take a village
    Captain, Robray, margyb and 8 others like this.

AVF Regular
    bump...........
    avtek likes this.

AVF Regular
    Bump.......
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah... sad to see... bullies at every corner.... I, personally have given up trying to add in a meaningful way here at these forums specially on hot topics because I'll always get beaten down for my opinions or views.. but.. ya know... it doesn't matter.. I've always asked places that I order from to provide me with their business cards... and when I'm down the shops or out and about I hand them out like lollies.. show people my e-cig and get them interested... if I can't contribute in a meaningful way here on these forums then I'll certainly contribute in person and attempt to convert all smokers to vapers.

Yasmin
    GirlyPantz and keyboardmama like this.

AVF Regular
    We can't all agree on everything all the time but there is a time and a place for everything, unfortunately messing up threads that we may need to call on for future reference isn't the time or the place. As media interest grows it will become ever more apparent that we need quick and easy access to resource documents and a wide selection of stock answers to typical media questions and typical arguments that the ANTZ are using. It is too late waiting for that day to complain that everything is buried and by then it will be too much work to go back through all the threads to collate the pertinent information.

I can understand your reluctance to contribute but that is not the answer either, we need every voice to be heard in order to be sure our collective opinions represent everyone and not just those that shout the loudest. So for heavens sake please join in because you have just as much right to your opinion as anyone else and deserve to be heard.

All I am asking is that people don't wait until it hits our resource section to run amok/voice objections because it only makes our communities future harder than it needs to be. Maybe they could start a different thread to tackle those objections, I don't know, but bombing the communities resources seems counter productive.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 20-09-13 at 03:36 AM.
    lozza 82 likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Speaking of media shenanigans can one of you tape the bit of the project about e cig and put it on youtube for me please? I got a 12 hour shift today and no hope of seeing it..
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    I can't but you can bet someone will