Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Old Dog
  • 2 Post By Greg
  • 1 Post By RIDING OLD SKOOL
  • 3 Post By Old Dog
  • 3 Post By Abraxsas
  • 2 Post By spud

Thread: Electronic cigarettes stub out no-smoking signs.

Electronic cigarettes stub out no-smoking signs.

Wall to wall bigotry here ............................

Thanks to electronic cigarettes, it may now be easier to get away with smoking on an airplane than with using a cellphone. The devices are beginning to reverse decades-long efforts to ban smoking in public places, experts say, and may also be contributing to a rise in underage smoking, marijuana use, and other illegal activities.

E-cigarettes, which use liquid nicotine solution and batteries in place of paper and flame, emit vapor instead of smoke, and donít produce the telltale cigarette odor or ash. Proponents say that makes the devices a discreet (and less harmful) alternative to smoking, enabling people to smoke whatever they want, wherever they want, without attracting attention.

But lawmakers and public health officials fear that e-cigarettes are helping tobacco sneak back into non-smoking zones as well as the hands of children. And because itís hard to determine whatís actually in the devices, they also worry that e-cigarettes may not contain nicotine at all, but illegal drugs.
    Don't miss the comments, they're good for a laugh !

Electronic cigarettes stub out no-smoking signs - MarketWatch

AVF Regular
    Someone makes a very good point in the comments:
    With an ecig, you can take 3 puffs and put it away.. with a cigarette you feel compelled to smoke the whole thing.
    Old Dog and RIDING OLD SKOOL like this.

I was led to believe that the laws about not smoking around other people was all about passive smoking....
    Old Dog likes this.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

Quote Originally Posted by RIDING OLD SKOOL View Post
    I was led to believe that the laws about not smoking around other people was all about passive smoking....
    It's always been about public health ....... their concern for their fellow man is touching. roflmao.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    These type of articles and the comments that come with it really just make me SIGH and roll my eyes....where ever there is ignorance the law makers and the fun police will quickly run with whatever hype BIG Business is pushing....unfortunately many infiltrated grass roots groups headed by religious nutbags have been leading the charge to take away the freedoms so many have died for.
    It wont be long before Vaping in Aus will be outlawed aswell....we are such a soft touch when it comes to personal freedoms being given up for one cause or another. IMO this is why Unions have been targeted for so long now as they are a standing army that can organise and unite against or for causes that the Government may not agree with, with Costello and the Libs now in power we will see the end of many Unions...Im not saying Unions are the answer to all our problems i know how corrupt they have become but they do give those elected officials in power a kinda of check n balance that comes from outside the system.
    Ok im ranting lol .....FIght the Power!!! Vapers United Will Never Be Defeated!!!
    Old Dog, DanGibson and spud like this.

GAWD, I feel like I need a shower after reading this stinking pile of ignorance. If I hadn't read it for myself I would find it hard to believe that there was such a large number of slapped arse morons in this world. Ignorance is one thing, willful vocal ignorance is another thing entirely, and being proud of their willful vocal ignorance, FFS, spare me.
    Old Dog and Abraxsas like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    GAWD, I feel like I need a shower after reading this stinking pile of ignorance. If I hadn't read it for myself I would find it hard to believe that there was such a large number of slapped arse morons in this world. Ignorance is one thing, willful vocal ignorance is another thing entirely, and being proud of their willful vocal ignorance, FFS, spare me.
    It's shocking, isn't it ? .............. they're almost as bad as Geelong supporters ! ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    It's shocking, isn't it ? .............. they're almost as bad as Geelong supporters ! ; )
    OOOOOOWW, now them's fighting words around here, SO is an avid Geelong supporter, so is very West Aussie Grandson. I keep well away from disparaging comments about footy teams or supporters at this time of year : )
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13