Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Vaping in public? opinions!

Cool Vaping in public? opinions!

How do you guys deal with all the awkward stares and such? I'm usually a pretty extroverted person, so I do tend to flout the whole "haha watch me blow these wonderful plumes of smoke in your no smoking areas!!!" thing, but tbh, I'm really over the whole apv speech I have to give out to everyone that plucks up the courage to approach me. I do try and vape somewhat privately, not so much in the whole hiding it sense, I more so try to just not vape when someone is going to get a face full of it. This is really the point here I guess. Should I even care? Or should I floutlaw as much as possible before our mumdad government steps in and bans/regulates/taxes/dominates the apv market/community?

I think the more people that flaunt Vaping while the masses are uninformed can only lead to complaints which inturn could possibly cause harsh and uninformed action taken against the Vaping community.

I don't vape indoors (public places) or in areas where smoking is not aloud. If I'm at a pub I ask staff if its ok. Usually they say no as while its ok of me to vape, people see it and think I'm smoking and rather - get annoyed and complain or think its ok to smoke analogs and light up.
    Old Dog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    How do you guys deal with all the awkward stares and such?
    People stare at me?

Strangers are like trees to me. Mere shrubbery in the way of the places I need to go.

added: I like trees. That's why I don't want to disturb them too much. I vape only outside in open air, and anywhere on my own property.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 20-09-13 at 04:56 PM.

Good old common courtesy goes a long way to solving any issues.

As more private businesses make policy decisions for their own particular circumstances, there may be some confusion as to what's allowed, and what isn't.

If you're not sure of the rules, just ask someone in authority if they want your business, or not.

I understand this point of view, I completely agree with the fact that it could just speed up the process of uninformed monkey-men developing biased/untruthful opinions, but, if we all just stick to the same old cigarette dogma, and just act all awkward and private about it, then we are pretty much just asking for mumdadausgov to come in and **** everything up, because we are showing that we ourselves don't even know if it should be allowed or not and we are not clearly distinguishing the difference between a cigarette and a vaporizer. Maybe an overly aggressive approach of treating the monkey people as just that, monkeys, when they ask silly questions or say silly things based on whatever ungodly lie they have ingested from public media?
    GirlyPantz, Abraxsas, spud and 1 others like this.

bugger it if its not illegal then i will do it, but i will not do it on the train or in shops but anywhere else is fair game
    Abraxsas and Master Sergeant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    I understand this point of view, I completely agree with the fact that it could just speed up the process of uninformed monkey-men developing biased/untruthful opinions, but, if we all just stick to the same old cigarette dogma, and just act all awkward and private about it, then we are pretty much just asking for mumdadausgov to come in and **** everything up, because we are showing that we ourselves don't even know if it should be allowed or not and we are not clearly distinguishing the difference between a cigarette and a vaporizer. Maybe an overly aggressive approach of treating the monkey people as just that, monkeys, when they ask silly questions or say silly things based on whatever ungodly lie they have ingested from public media?
    I think that you're reading a little too much in to it.

For indoors of private properties, ask permission.

For public buildings .... no, until we hear otherwise.

Everywhere else ....... vape away to your heart's content. It is legal.

Just my 2c. : )

I have this problem where the entirety of my day is spent vaping, with short breaks in between for normal human activities. It makes putting my vape away even in awkward social situations completely non-feasible.

AVF Regular
    1379305601862.jpg

i normally dont care, until i started using this box mod. now everyone think its a detonator.
    Old Dog, Stomp, Gresh11 and 5 others like this.

like bus drivers glaring at me, but not saying anything, just glaring, with their beady little eyes.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast