Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: News update re dodgy journo smh

News update re dodgy journo smh

GirlyPantz, spawn_8 and bk_renesis like this.

Super Moderator
    Two concerns have been expressed that:
    • smokers will use e-cigarettes when they are unable to smoke cigarettes and will continue to smoke cigarettes at other times, rather than quitting.
    • e-cigarettes will be used by the tobacco industry to increase smoking among young people by introducing them to a supposedly “safer” product and later encouraging them to smoke cigarettes.
    now, the 2nd thing is pretty much agreed with by me, but who's business is it re the 1st?
    why are there 'concerns' about what people do with these things? if they smoke less, that is a good thing right? this pisses me off that we can be told what we can and cant do, lawmakers from the late 19th century would be turning in their graves seeing how society is communizing itself
    ultravape likes this.

Because the way i see it if your doing both it may taint the study or there may be a exaggerated effect on health by using both at the same time

AVF Regular
    Have these people actually spoken to hard core vapers i was smoking 50 cigarettes a day haven't had one since i started vaping
    Now if thats not a success story i dont know what more they are looking for

chill chill people if we take a aggressive attitude it will just bite us in the evod
    Last edited by Godsfallen; 23-09-13 at 06:14 PM. Reason: my crap spelling
    tally-ho likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCKITIN View Post
    Have these people actually spoken to hard core vapers i was smoking 50 cigarettes a day haven't had one since i started vaping
    Now if thats not a success story i dont know what more they are looking for
    Yep my fifty a day is a thing of the past as well. Big tobacco no longer owns a big chunk of my pay slip and Im happy that way.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    now, the 2nd thing is pretty much agreed with by me, but who's business is it re the 1st?
    why are there 'concerns' about what people do with these things? if they smoke less, that is a good thing right? this pisses me off that we can be told what we can and cant do, lawmakers from the late 19th century would be turning in their graves seeing how society is communizing itself

Coral Gartner got that directly from Simon Chapman.

It is prohibitionist speak. Simon Chapman believes that reducing smoking is not enough. They must quit completely. He misrepresents the studies as Micheal Siegel pointed out here.

What shits me is that Coral Gartner will most likely get similar low results to the NZ study because the study is using cheap cigarette lookalikes.

This will give Chapman a way to perpetuate the BigTobacco DualUse Initiative conspiracy.

Chapman is aware that 1st generation e-cigarettes do not not make up the whole industry. But he pretends that they are so that he can promote a ban on all vaping products. This is what makes Simon Chapman a sneaky, morally corrupt person. He is aware that 2nd Generation e-cigarettes are better and not being sold by big tobacco. But he refuses to acknowledge 2nd generation ecigs. He refuses to help promote clinical studies on 2nd generaiton ecigs.

He wants all ecigs banned, because he knows they will work in ending tobacco smoking. He'll use 1st gen ecigs to promote that ban.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 23-09-13 at 06:33 PM.

AVF Regular
    Dunno Mavin, Coral Gartner was actually pro-snus so at least she has that

In light of the growing interest among smokers in e-cigarettes it is important to undertake trials of their usefulness as smoking cessation aids.
    Whereas I tend to see the whole point of the study to be pointless. A far more useful and insightful measure of the usefulness of ecigs would be to simply observe the market. The relative sales of ecigs versus real cigs will tell you all you need to know as to the usefulness of ecigs. More importantly it gives you real world data, the only sort that really counts.
    spud likes this.

I
    n the absence of such publicly-funded independent research, smokers will also not be able to make informed decisions about whether or not to use e-cigarettes.
    Furthermore, people who make these kind of statements are not our friends. They do not have our best interests are heart.
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast